Details: DOE FTE with great benefits (generous time off, benefits and work/life balance)
1757 Waller Street
The mission of Safe & Sound is to prevent child abuse and reduce its devastating impact. The nonprofit implements a three-prong strategy to end child abuse: (1) providing care directly to children and families through high-quality Children & Family Services; (2) educating the community—children, caregivers, child-serving professionals, and the public about child abuse and its prevention—through proven Community Education programs; and (3) coordinating Strategic Partnerships that promote citywide systems improvements and enhance our capacity to protect children, including creating a Children's Advocacy Center (CAC).
The organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $5 million and is supported by approximately 60 staff, interns, and consultants and more than 80 volunteers. Safe & Sound has two sites: an historic firehouse in the Haight neighborhood of San Francisco, near Golden Gate Park and another location on Third Street in San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood. More information is available at: https://safeandsound.org/.
This full time exempt position responsible for creating and maintaining the performance management system for Safe & Sound. This position is responsible for overseeing data entry and reporting functions and duties and works extensively with Safe & Sound's ETO data system in collaboration staff across the organization in implementing the system and developing new processes to support it.
- Oversee and update processes and protocols for data entry into Safe & Sound's ETO system to ensure that services are captured accurately and completely.
- Ensure data collection processes and forms align with ETO system.
- Develop processes and procedures to monitor and ensure data integrity.
- Develop and conduct training in all aspects of data entry to staff.
- Provide support and advanced troubleshooting to all users of the ETO system.
- Prepare and monitor periodic reports and data uploads to Safe & Sound's funders.
- Create internal reports for staff, supervisors, and directors to monitor program performance.
- Provide program performance data to development as needed for grant applications and status reports.
- Support supervisors in identifying key performance indicators, and provide supervisors with regular reports tailored to the needs of each program.
- Develop and conduct trainings on reporting functions in ETO to all staff and supervisors.
- Liaise with external reporting consultants as necessary to create and maintain advanced reports.
- Create and maintain a System Development Plan.
- Collaborate with Department and Program Directors as well as staff to explore potential system development projects to maximize utilization and benefit of the ETO system.
- Identify system improvements & manage process changes as needed.
- Build and secure new assessments in the ETO system.
- Act as Enterprise Manager for the ETO system.
- Add new user accounts and assigns ETO user security rights according to Safe & Sound's role based access policy.
- Train existing and new staff, interns and partners on proper use of the ETO system.
- Coordinate data entry workflow in conjunction with the operations team and Associate Directors.
- Act as primary custodian of electronic client record by ensuring data and notes are entered appropriately and merging duplicate client records where they exist.
- Propose and deploy security improvements as requested.
- Liaison with ETO technical support to troubleshoot the system.
Strategy & Evaluation
- Support creation and ongoing revision of the organization's Theory of Change and outcome ladders.
- Plan and conduct analyses of program and organization performance data to identify insights that support ongoing learning and improvement.
Undertake other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Advanced knowledge of ETO Enterprise Edition software or comparable data system.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and web design.
· 2+ years of data management experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of HIPPAA security rules.
· Knowledge of performance management and evaluation techniques.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint (Office 2003 & 2010).
· Knowledge of SQL and Macros a plus.
· Advanced Adobe Acrobat skills a plus.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Requires passing a criminal background check, providing legal evidence of authorization to work in the US as well as references.
- Full time
Typical Working Conditions:
Standard office with some attendance and assistance at events or off-site meetings.
Computer, fax, printer, phone, scanner.
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Minimal travel requirements
- Physical Requirements: ability to perform routine office duties involving repetitive work at the keyboard. Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
Variety of healthcare plans to choose from, a retirement plan with an employer discretionary match after one year of employment, opportunities to learn and grow and a great work/life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, a detailed cover letter to Frank Landin, Manager of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.