Events and Development Associate
505 Eighth Avenue
NAMI-NYC seeks a highly motivated individual to provide part-time event and development department support for NAMI-NYC. NAMI-NYC currently hosts two major events each year, The Seeds of Hope Gala in October, and NAMIWalks NYC in May. The ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising and events, be well organized, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
This position requires strong organization, verbal and written communication skills. Peer-to-peer fundraising experience is key to this position.
The position is part-time and available immediately, 20-32 hours per week.
Assist Director of Events and work collaboratively with the Manager of Communications in developing and executing a communications calendar, outreach strategies, Gala and NAMIWalks planning. Job functions include the following:
Seeds of Hope Gala:
- Lead outreach of Auction and Gift Bag items. Oversee merchandising, pricing and Auction items.
- Buildout and update of Ticketing and Auction website.
- Prepare and schedule email communications.
- Volunteer outreach, scheduling, and assignments.
- Lead fundraising messaging and outreach to walkers
- Write NAMIWalks fundraising communications to team captains, walkers, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Lead Walk Star program for top performing fundraisers, plan Walk Star thank you events.
- Update and maintain web and peer-to-peer fundraising sites
- Lead outreach in-kind donations of prizes and food and beverage for NAMIWalks,
- Assist walkers with online registration and fundraising; ensure walk materials are distributed to walkers and team captains
- Schedule and lead NAMIWalks information presentations in person and via Google+ Hangout.
- Data entry of Walk donations and donor acknowledgement.
- Assist Development team with foundation and grant applications and mailings.
- Data entry and donation acknowledgement
- Assist Communications Manager with social media
- High-school graduate with relevant experience
- Walk, event planning, and volunteer experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to follow through; able to team build and motivate.
- Computer skills including database entry and social media strategy.
- Outgoing, self-motivated, good verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking skills; articulate in person and on the phone.
- Participation in peer-to-peer fundraising a plus.
Reports to: Director of Events and Operations
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City (NAMI-NYC) is a nonprofit organization that helps individuals and families affected by mental illness build better lives through education, support, and advocacy.
For more information, visit www.naminyc.org
This is currently a Part-Time position and pay is $20 per hour.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations (in Word or PDF format) to email@example.com with the subject line Events and Development Associate.
No phone calls or outside agencies please.