The following position is currently available: Part Time Administrative Assistant in the Business Services and ATS Foundation Research Department at the American Thoracic Society.
Responsible for various administrative duties and projects for the Business Services department, especially those related to journal subscriptions, memberships and related payments. Also responsible for supporting the ATS Foundation Research Program. Related tasks include administrative functions surrounding grant application and subsequent award processes. Provide additional administrative backup as needed for each department.
Business Services: Administrative Duties
1. Assist with data entry projects as assigned, such as entering subscription and membership cash receipts. Send balance due invoices and refund requests as needed.
2. Help ensure membership/subscriber information is up-to-date. Perform address change and communicate with members/subscribers to make sure we have their most recent address. Process and mail membership verification, already paid, and bad credit card letters. Enter changes into ATS database to maintain updated records.
3. Process membership and subscription applications and claims for ATS journals in a timely and efficient manner and perform needed follow-up correspondence, as necessary.
4. Provide assistance with the mailing of annual subscription renewal notices.
5. Responsible for printing, sealing and mailing new member ID cards to paid ATS members.
ATS Foundation Research Program: Administrative Duties
1. Assist with managing the current awardee grant process (project updates, payments, status reports, etc.).
2. Assist with the incoming grant applications, keeping applicants apprised of their status, assisting with the ranking and review processes, and correlating review scores.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Accountability:
1. Volume and accuracy of work completed.
2. Effective and diplomatic resolution to customer inquiries and complaints.
3. Prioritize and organize responsibilities to meet and/or exceed department/unit needs.
4. Effective monitoring of delegated responsibilities.
5. Minimum amount of complaints and good judgment in arriving at a swift and accurate resolution.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Communication with Directors on progress and potential hazards/problems.
1. High School graduate, plus minimum of two years of college or equivalent experience.
2. One to two years’ data entry experience, preferably with a customer service background.
3. Above average mathematical aptitude required.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Above average attention to detail.
6. Good oral and written communication skills.
7. Good working knowledge of database and word processing software required (preferably Salesforce and Microsoft Office).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required