Details: Commensurate with experience
The position provides management oversight for all essential financial functions including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Budget, Payroll, Cash Management, General Ledger, Financial information, Grants Management and Expenditure Reports, UDS, Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports, activities involved with procurement and distribution of supplies and equipment, and mail room functions. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer
is the Finance Controller, Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle and Patient Financial Services and Accounting
Manager. Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle processes is a critical skill of
this position. All supervisory employees of NCHC are responsible to practice good risk management, quality assurance, human resources development and delivering excellent internal and external customer service. The incumbent must understands and exemplifies the organization's mission, vision, and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Supervise finance staff and manage daily accounting operations
- Review and approve transactions before posting to the General Ledger
- Monitor and analyze department workflow to develop more efficient processes and procedures
- Work with staff to establish individual goals and objectives on an annual basis and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Coordinate audit activity with external auditors on yearly basis
- Responsible for monthly compilation of all data for Medicare Cost report
- Preparation of all regulatory reports (i.e., UDS, Medicare, Medicaid, IRS and state tax returns, etc.)
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and record journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Prepare work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Lead and review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
Qualifications/ Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accountancy, finance or a related field, or 5 to 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact with business partners and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to input data on a computer terminal in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Minimum Education Required