Program Manager - Babbitt Center for Land and Water Policy
- Job posted by Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
Details: Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Babbitt Center for Land and Water Policy works to advance water sustainability through improved land use planning, management and decision making. In recognition of the increasingly critical importance of water and the connections between water and land use, the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy established the Babbitt Center in 2017 to build on their decades-long tradition of thoughtful contributions to effective land use policy and management in the U.S., China and Latin America. The Babbitt Center will initially focus on the Colorado River, one of the most heavily used, over allocated, and critical rivers in the world.
With a focus on water policy and land use integration, assist Center-identified communities and partners, initially focusing on Colorado River basin states to:
- Develop, evaluate, and share best practices
- Foster the creation of new data and mapping tools to support decision making and land management;
- Advance techniques for addressing uncertainty, including adaptive management approaches;
- Facilitate regional dialogue to collaborate across the multiple jurisdictions and interest groups that share watersheds;
- Assist stakeholder’s efforts to develop new approaches and to identify the local, state, regional, and federal actions that will enable communities to effectively address their challenges and;
- Track and report on conditions throughout the basin to illustrate needs and opportunities through periodic state of the basin assessments.
- Assist in the coordination, writing and publication of the biennial State of the Basin Report. Work includes publication development; directing research by staff, consultants and partners; conducting self-directed research and writing; and editing of the Report.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and delivery of presentations for key conferences to highlight Center programs and publications,
- Manage contractors and partners working on Babbitt Center projects.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Center by participating in direction-setting; by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with practitioners, policy makers and researchers; by building the credibility and relevance of the Center; and by representing the Center at professional meetings.
- Assist in other Lincoln projects as appropriate. This includes writing content, supervising contractor work, and the review of new publications.
- Collaborate with others throughout the Lincoln Institute.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required
- Understanding of water policy and land use integration.
- Demonstrated outstanding writing and research skills
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Highly organized; strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of practitioners and elected officials; ability to discern and communicate important knowledge in useful formats
- Self-starter; able to work independently, prioritize and multi-task; focus on delivering results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Web and communications experience a plus.
BA and at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience or Master's degree or equivalent in relevant field.
generous benefits, including paid time off for holidays and vacation, health coverage, employer-matched retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, in addition to Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. The PDF file should be named as follows: LastName_FirstName_Babbitt Center Program Mgr.pdf. Please ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text "Babbitt Center Program Manager." The position is open until filled. The Lincoln Institute will begin reviewing resumes and requesting interviews immediately.