711 West Commons
The Learning Coach (OST Program) is responsible for providing instruction, learning support, facilitate STEAM based activities, case management, and mentoring of youth ages 12 - 18. Learning Coaches work with youth in under resourced communities to engage them in project-based learning activities that improve their academic performance and enhances their understanding of how STEAM subjects connect to career paths.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Youth Support and Curriculum Instruction
* Implement curriculum & positive youth development programs in accordance with YouthPlaces' program design and philosophy
* Assist with recruitment and enrollment of youth into the program
* Ensure that youth are safe at all times
* Provide instruction and support of 21st Century Community Learning Center academic enrichment program and/or YP STARS to promote academic achievement
* Assist with conducting performance assessments throughout the school year
* Provide youth with support and mentorship; assist with connecting youth with additional social, emotional, and educational development opportunities.
Administration & Operations
* Ensure daily attendance, program activity, academic performance assessments, and case notes are logged into YP's online database to accurately report participant progress and outcomes and to facilitate proper billing for fee-for-service contracts
* Assist with set up and clean up of materials, equipment, and facilities
* Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by management
All applicants must be able to pass a FBI fingerprint background check.
Paid Time Off accrual
Paid Holiday Leave
Retirement (401k) benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient & fluent in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should send completed resume and cover letter to Chad Williams at: email@example.com