453 W. 7th Street
Rainbow Services, Ltd. is a progressive, affirmative action equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive, trauma informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
The Family Counselor is supervised by the Associate Director of Supportive Services. This position is hourly, non-exempt, full-time, 40 hours per week.
Job Summary: The Family Counselor II provides counseling services to residential participants of Rainbow Services. The counseling program serves both adults and children with individual, group, crisis, child and family counseling services. This position will specifically focus on clinical services for children, including adolescents, and their parents.
Duties May Include but are not Limited to:
· Provide individual child, parent/child, and family counseling.
· Conduct assessments and develop appropriate treatment plans.
· Provide crisis intervention, when necessary.
· Facilitate parenting groups and develop individualized parenting support.
· Facilitate childrens’ support groups.
· Work collaboratively with residential staff, counselors, and case managers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There is potential opportunity to provide supervision to MSW student interns.
· Interest in addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups, and a commitment to the movement to end intimate partner violence.
· Bilingual Spanish/English required due to high population of Spanish speakers served.
· MSW (or equivalent), preferably registered with the BBS.
· Experience in providing clinical services in community based setting.
· Experience in providing parenting curriculum at various parenting skill levels.
· Clinical experience working with families and children who have experienced trauma
· Knowledgable of and experience in implementation of Trauma Informed Care, TF-CBT, PCIT, and play/art therapy, highly desired
· Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
· California driver’s license required.
· Proof of current automobile insurance detailing coverage and list of covered drivers required.
· 40-hour state mandated Domestic Violence training required; can be obtained after employment begins.
Rainbow Services offers a range of benefits to our full time employees, including: health insurance; a cafeteria plan to assist in covering additional costs or to purchase additional insurance; Dental care; vision plan; 401K option after one year of employment. Vacation days, sick time, and personal time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English fluency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to hr@rainbow services.org