Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
755 Ocean Avenue
Lick-Wilmerding High School Performing Arts Department invites applications for a full-time position as Dance Teacher and Director of Dance Program. (100% FTE with benefits)
- Design and teach four sections of Dance: Dance 1 and 2 plus two sections of Dance Ensemble
- Prepare and direct ensembles for bi-annual dance concerts and other community events
- Oversee all aspects of Dance Concert rehearsals and production, including but not limited to costumes, sound, lighting design
- Engage in departmental work in curriculum development and alignment
- Serve as an advisor to approximately twelve students
- Participate in school wide educational initiatives
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the school
- Three years dance teaching experience at the high school level
- Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts degree in Dance
- Experience and training in Contemporary Dance and Ballet technique
- Experience cultivating student choreography and teaching composition skills
- Ability to demonstrate culturally responsive teaching methods
- Master of Fine Arts in Dance or Dance Education
- Professional performance experience
- Experience and training in World Dance forms
- Knowledge of Hip Hop dance styles
- Experience as a professional choreographer
- Demonstrated leadership in Dance Education locally and/or nationally
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include—all in PDF format—a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for three references. In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What is the relevance of dance education and performance in a 21st century high school curriculum?
The application process begins immediately and is open until filled. No calls, emails, or faxes, please.
We seek teachers who are committed to differentiated instruction and can help students with diverse learning styles and educational backgrounds achieve the goals and objectives of the curriculum, and who are committed to equitable teaching practices in the classroom. In addition, we are looking for teachers who are energetic, passionate about teaching and learning, flexible and great collaborators.