Senior Curriculum Coordinator - Special Education (UPK, CPSE, HHS HS)
- Job posted by Birch Family Services HR
475 East 57th Street
The Senior Curriculum Coordinator assists the Principal in the educational leadership and administration of the School. Along with the Principal, s/he is responsible for the health and safety of the children, families and staff who work there, regulatory compliance, fiscal management, insuring that the learning environment meets and exceeds the standards established by Birch Services. As directed by the Principal, s/he may communicates with students, staff, families, Birch Administrative Office staff, the New York State Education Department and the New York City Department of Education, as well as a myriad of other agencies. She assumes responsibility as determined by the Principal for facilities management, curriculum development, program evaluation and design, site financial and personnel management and emergency procedures.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for students and staff for academic and professional performance.
- Under the direction of the Principal, facilitate, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, values and goals established by the NYSED, NYC DOE and Birch Board of Directors and senior administration.
- Assist the Principal in school level planning processes to insure the development, implementation and evaluation of all school programs and activities.
- Assist the Principal to insure that curriculum and instructional approaches in line with NYSED and Birch Core Curricula are understood and implemented.
- Insure staff compliance with federal, NYSED and NYC DOE regulations and contractual obligations.
- Insure programming meets NYS Learning Standards, and that all assessment mandates are fulfilled.
- Implement the policies and procedures that are in place to meet student needs and all IEP mandates; recommend suggestions for improvement.
Master’s Degree in Education & NYS certification in Special Education
Certification(s)/Licenses & Experience
Must have prior pre-school and/or school age teaching experience; 3-5 years of Administrator experience; SAS/SBL or SDA required.
Minimum Education Required