Details: Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
CEO is seeking a National Program Associate to play an essential role in supporting the National team in achieving its strategic growth plan to expand our reach to additional participants in new and existing offices. The National Program Associate will offer administrative, research, and data analysis support and project management to the Executive Director, National and key National team leaders in ensuring CEO is on track to achieve our goal of serving over 10,000 participants annually.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,500 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and the Greenlight Fund.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of relevant experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re skilled at clearly, enthusiastically, and accurately presenting information to groups both verbally and in writing
- You have outstanding analytical skills and a data-driven mindset (you consider yourself a data geek, regularly analyzing data and applying findings to drive strategy and decision making)
- You’re able to transition seamlessly between detailed data and high-level insights
- You’re comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- You’re a strong project manager and independent worker with the ability to maintain oversight of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces and projects
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to anticipate and solve problems as they come
- You’re diligent and hold yourself accountable to deadlines and outcomes no matter a project’s complexity
- You’re a strong researcher and are skilled in quickly producing written content based on your findings
Key responsibilities of the National Program Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Pulling data reports, performing data analysis, and sharing out trends and recommendations to leadership
- Drafting internal and external-facing materials, such as memos and concept papers, to advance strategy
- Supporting projects led by the team, serving as key lead on high quality project design, implementation, management, and coordination
- Offering administrative, research and technical support tied to CEO’s strategic plan and expansion to ensure CEO’s reach to additional participants in both new and existing program offices
- Designing team meeting agendas and capturing key takeaways and action items
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link provided. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.