PIRG Campus Action is a project of the PIRG student chapters. Our organizers work with students on college campuses across the country, giving them the resources they need to unlock their full power to build a brighter future.
We know college students have the power to make a difference. From the Freedom Riders of the ‘60s to the voter registration drives of today, from the anti-apartheid movement of the ‘80s to the drive for fossil fuel divestment now, students — past, present and future — are always pushing our communities, our country and our world forward.
What you’ll do
With PIRG Campus Action, you’ll work with students who, like you, believe it’s our right and responsibility to shape the future we all want. You’ll work with students to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more.
As an organizer on campus, you'll:
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students on issues ranging from tackling climate change and getting big money out of politics, to organizing voter registration drives and increasing recycling on campus
- Recruit and train students to plan and run effective campaigns on and off campus, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support and direct advocacy
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, student-run organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
Pay & benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,000. PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To learn more visit www.PIRGCampusAction.org
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Oregon and 21 other states.
Apply online: http://pirgcampusaction.org/apply.html
Some of our partners are hiring campaign staff to help register and get out the vote on Election Day.
The Community Voters Project is hiring Canvass Directors to help increase voter registration and ensure everyone’s voice is heard in our democracy this election. Canvass Directors will recruit and oversee a team of committed canvasser activists and help increase participation of underrepresented communities in the 2018 elections. Learn more here: https://communityvotersproject.org/jobs.
PIRG Campus Action is part of The Public Interest Network—a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
Each of the groups that partner with PIRG Campus Action is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: PIRG Campus Action will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
PIRG Campus Action offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To learn more visit www.PIRGCampusAction.org
Minimum Education Required