Assistant Marketing and Compliance Manager, Affordable Housing Income Certification Specialist
- Job posted by Housing Partnership Development Corporation
242 West 36th Street, 3rd Fl
The NYC Housing Partnership (www.housingpartnership.com), a leading affordable housing nonprofit in New York City, is seeking an eligibility specialist/ assistant marketing manager to assist the marketing and compliance activities of affordable housing units that participate in various city and state subsidy programs. The eligibility specialist will work on a daily basis with applicants in determining their eligibility for income-restricted units.
• Screen applications and interview applicants for housing
• Review applicant files, follow up with applicants in obtaining required paperwork, process all required third-party verification, run credit and criminal background checks
• Synthesize interview and qualification review information/documentations, determine applicant eligibility as per program guidelines and project criteria
• Communicate decisions to applicant
• Compile documents for internal and external review and approval
• Assist in marketing activities and housing lotteries
• Assist in other leasing activities such as unit showing, scheduling lease signing, setting unit inspection for subsidy programs if needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High level of proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Detail oriented and organized. Strong communication and analytical skills. Creativity and initiative to work both independently as well as within a team
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university required
• Experience working with low income population, comparable work experience in supportive housing, property management, and social services, working knowledge of Section 8 and Low Income Housing Tax Credit a strong plus but not required
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
• Notary public a plus
• Authorization to work in the U.S. required
Based in New York City. Immediate start. Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Housing Partnership Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish but not required
Minimum Education Required