Location and Overview:
WJCS is recruiting a Director of Financial Planning and Reporting to work, on a hybrid basis, in our headquarters office in White Plains, NY and also remotely. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer Director of Financial Planning and Reporting plays a hands-on role in developing the annual agency budget, maintaining and developing financial reports and dashboards, and providing decision support analysis for organization leaders.
Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS) a non-profit organization, was founded in 1943 and has grown to be the largest provider of licensed outpatient community mental health services and one of the largest human service agencies in Westchester County. We provide state-of-the-art programs, services and compassionate care to more than 20,000 people of all ages and backgrounds throughout Westchester County.
- Lead the development of annual agency budget in conjunction with senior program and finance staff
- Select and implement a budgeting application that will integrate with the general ledger (Intacct)
- Develop & maintain actual vs. budget financial dashboard for budget owners and program management. Review and explain variances and questions raised by budget owners.
- Prepare financial reports for the Board and related committees
- Provide forward-looking financial analysis to assist with decision support
- Prepare cashflow projections and related modelling, and support CFO with elements of Treasury operations, Investment and restricted fund management & reporting
- Develop and maintain automated reports in Intacct and budgeting system (when implemented)
- Manage reporting calendar and ensure timely reporting to internal and external parties (Banks, State and Federal agencies and other parties)
- Liase with insurance broker on coverage renewals and claims
- Construct policies and procedures related to the role’s duties
- In conjunction with annual budget review/update allocations of personnel/benefits costs across programs, grants and other relevant data dimensions.
- Other duties and special projects as may be required by the CFO
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Significant expertise with non-profit financial management information systems
- Good knowledge of the principles & theories of non-profit GAAP
- Skilled at using general ledger financial reporting modules. Experience with Sage Intacct is a plus
- Able to understand and work with complex accounting structures
- Able to manage varied reports and multiple reporting deadlines and to juggle competing priorities and hit deadlines
- Able to clearly, concisely and effectively deliver oral and written reports
- Advanced Power point and Excel skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to gather and synthesize facts and data and draw related insights
- Integrity; resourcefulness and initiative and able to work overtime as needed
- Role is Hybrid working in White Plains, NY and remotely and requiring close partnership with finance and program leaders
- College degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- At least 10 years of overall professional experience with a portion in a non-profit organization
- Prior experience in nonprofit budgets and Federal grants and compliance
- Technology savvy with experience in selecting and overseeing financial/budgeting software implementations
At WJCS values our employees, their contributions, and their growth. We demonstrate this commitment with much more than highly competitive benefits and compensation - we show it every day in the way we work together, embracing leadership behaviors that are recognized and rewarded throughout our system. We value you, your growth and your contributions.