31 Milk Street, Suite 900
Organization Vision: uAspire imagines a day when all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential by graduating from college, regardless of their families' financial resources or college experiences.
Organization Summary: uAspire is committed to ensuring that all young people have the financial information and resources necessary to achieve their dreams of higher education. uAspire provides college affordability advice to students and families; trains practitioners throughout the country in college affordability; and works to change policy and systems at the local, state, and federal levels. in an effort to change the college affordability landscape.
Position Summary: The challenges of college affordability have never been more pronounced, and uAspire's expertise - built over 30 years of practice - has never been more needed across our sites and communities nationwide. While half of all students from high-income families earn a bachelor's degree by age 25, just 1 in 10 students from low-income families do. Cost is the major reason why students fail to complete a degree. In this environment, it is critical that uAspire continues to learn what works and what doesn't to better serve students.
The Data Coordinator will play a key role in data management, analysis and evaluation work that drives uAspire's continuous learning on how best to serve students. To track its work and measure its impact, uAspire leverages a number of data sources, including student surveys, program data, and public and proprietary education datasets. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and improving the organization's processes for collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data. In addition, the Coordinator will be exposed to and take an increasing responsibility in internal research projects and evaluations with leading education researchers, evaluation firms, and donors. This position is located at uAspire's Central Office in downtown Boston, and the Coordinator will report to the Manager of Research and Evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have a data-driven mindset, coupled with determination to advance their data and analysis skills and a passion for contributing to a mission-driven organization. Ability to communicate about data with both technical and less-technically oriented program staff is essential, as is the ability to balance competing tasks efficiently while maintaining high attention to detail. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual starting a career in the research and data analysis field who is looking to be part of a dynamic, highly data-driven and analytical organization.
- Extract, manipulate, clean, and merge data from multiple sources for program implementation and analysis purposes
- Identify and implement improvements in data collection, processing, and use
- Supervise data collection activities to ensure good data quality
- Collaborate with the program and data teams to maintain high quality data processing and management systems
- Support alignment and prioritization of data collection and use for advising, monitoring, reporting and analysis purposes
- Support design of surveys, forms and other tools that help program staff understand student history and triage their needs
Data Analysis and Dissemination
- Analyze data from multiple sources and prepare analysis summaries and data visualizations
- Become familiar with publicly available education data and leverage this expertise to enhance research and evaluation work
- Assist in responding to internal and external data and analysis requests
- Support improvement of resources and systems for reporting data and analysis to the marketing, fundraising, policy and leadership teams and external stakeholders
- Postsecondary degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Determination and ability to learn and develop new data, analysis, and coding skills
- Knowledge of R, Stata or or other statistical tool is a plus
- Previous experience in research and data analysis is a plus
- Belief in and adherence to uAspire's Organizational Values - Student-Centered, Excellent, Dedicated, Collaborative, and Systems-Focused
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and education. All full-time employees receive a competitive benefits package.
uAspire is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces and encourages applicants of every background. The company's policy regarding equal employment opportunity means that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action and termination will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Minimum Education Required