Full Time Contract
Public Health Instructors Wanted to Teach Summer Courses in Central America!
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college aged students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.
Critical to our success is our team of knowledgeable program leaders who inspire students, foster personal growth and cultivate leadership development. Broadreach instructors prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Leading a Broadreach program is a fulfilling, exciting, and demanding position.
Public Health Instructors teach topics related to public health and medicine to either high school or middle school students. Programs can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude essential. Programs are limited to 12 students and led by two instructors who manage everything from delivering course content to leading activities and more.
In addition to teaching the curriculum, Public Health Instructors work with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games and community service activities, and other program tasks. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
Contracts range from four to ten weeks in length from early June through mid-August.
· Master's or PhD in public health or related health field required for college programs.
· Experience teaching public health at the high school or middle school level.
· Able to teach college level course including hands-on academics, labs and field survey techniques.
· Experience facilitating a group and understanding group dynamic and conflict resolution concepts.
· Passion for mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Great communication skills. We work with a variety of stakeholders in diverse locations and seek someone with a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
· Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, NC in early June.
· International travel and program leading experience preferred.
· Experience or comfort with the activities included on the program such as rafting, snorkeling ziplining and other outdoor activities.
· Open availability from early June to early August strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required