This positon is a creative collaboration between NYP Columbia University Medical Center campus and ACMH, a community provider of services to support wellness and recovery for persons with mental illness. The position promotes access to outpatient health services, in order to avoid unnecessary emergency room visits and hospitalization. It focuses on providing the customized care and support that is needed by each individual.
Reports to: ACMH Program Director and NYP Community Health Worker Program Manager
Function: The Community Health Worker supports patients/families within clinical and community settings. He/she participates in a training program in which patients, and their caregivers, receive focused education, support, and links to clinical and social resources.
· Accountable for a targeted caseload of mentally ill patients and their families
· Responsible for stated program goals, including opening newly referred NYP cases every month.
· Home Visits when applicable
· Completes appropriate documentation for each support and information session
· Maintains organized filing system, and submits all documentation to Project Manager weekly.
· Facilitates/hosts educational modules, group learning experiences and community-based workshops
· Attends all staff meetings and trainings as needed.
· Daily communication/as needed for all follow up to care plan with site team
Qualification and Experience: 2+ years community or community health worker experience; preferred experience in mental health setting; experience facilitating workshops and providing one on one health support and information preferred; comfortable conducting home, hospital and community visits for patients/ families and other care providers; excellent social skills demonstrative of empathy and support; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams; demonstrated ability to work with families who face exceptional challenges; bi-lingual (English/Spanish); familiarity with the Washington Heights/Inwood neighborhoods of Manhattan.
Salary: $40,000 plus Generous Benefits Package
ACMH, Inc., promotes the wellness and recovery of persons with mental illness living in New York City and is a leader in the provision of outreach and engagement, care management, rehabilitation, and supportive housing.
For more information, visit our website: www.acmhnyc.org
Minimum Education Required