Details: Salary commensurate with experience
145 Ninth Street
With support from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), the Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) provides production funds for Asian American media projects that have potential for national public television broadcast. The Media Fund Manager is responsible for administering CAAM's Media Fund initiatives, in accordance with the organization's strategic direction and CPB guidelines. The position will plan and implement funding rounds and panels, develop Request for Proposals (RFP), coordinate grant processes, track funded projects, and provide feedback to applicants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Implement funding cycles and ensure CPB funds are committed within contractual timelines.
· Track projects (Documentary fund, acquisitions, productions, and co-productions) as required for CPB compliance.
· Coordinate annual independent Media Fund panelists for production funding review.
· Facilitate panel feedback, determination of awards, notification and feedback from panel to applicants.
· Organize key staff for biannual review of funding candidates.
· Oversee and track payments to grantees, review and provide feedback on deliverables.
· Review and evaluate deliverables from current Media Fund projects.
· Follow up with grantees and meet periodically to discuss direction of projects, new developments, and plans for completion.
· Ensure CPB contract requirements including funds usage, production standards, record-keeping, as well as broadcast, distribution, sales and other rights, are clearly communicated to grantees, and that CAAM remains in compliance.
- Work with Admin/Finance Department to track and report on Media Fund grants awarded.
· Work with Director of Programs to ensure smooth transition from completed projects to broadcast requirements and distribution opportunities.
· Conduct outreach to media makers through various venues and mediums such as print, online, and festival or networking events.
· Work with Admin/Finance Department to track and report on Media Fund grants awarded.
· Assist in providing grants and department updates and reports for funders, board, staff, or for public information (i.e. website, e-newsletters, etc.)
· Handle phone, email, and mail inquiries.
· Participate in overall organizational development and improvement efforts.
· Excellent communication and organization skills.
· Proven experience in social media content creation and content management.
· Proficiency using Macintosh, MS Office, Filemaker Pro and cloud-based applications
· Knowledge of documentary filmmaking processes desired
· Must be able to work efficiently and independently; a self-starter.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and communicate multiple ongoing projects.
Health, dental and vision and life insurance benefits provided. Optional participation in company 401k, FSA and commuter benefits
Minimum Education Required