Job Title: Upper Elementary Teacher, Grades 4th
Employment Type: Full-Time
Start Date: 2018 – 19 School Year
About Richmond College Prep Schools:
We are a high performing charter school in Richmond. We started with a preschool in 2004, and we now serve students in preschool, as well as students in TK through 6th grades. Next year, we are opening a seventh grade, and the following year, we’re adding an eighth grade. We’re currently looking for teachers who love middle school age students, and who are eager to help our school leaders create an enriching, rigorous and culturally responsive program for our middle school students. For more information about RCP, please visit our website: http://www.rcpschools.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop and implement lesson plans and instructional activities in all content areas that are aligned to the CA Common
Core State Standards.
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on
assessment data and student needs.
- Implement IEPs for students receiving Special Education services, and participate in Student Success Team meetings for
students who need additional academic or behavioral supports.
- Evaluate academic, behavioral, and socio-emotional growth of students and keep appropriate and accurate records.
- Create an effective environment for learning and hold all students accountable to the high academic and behavioral
expectations of the school community.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families. Hold conferences to discuss individual student progress.
- Collaborate with grade-level partner, other staff members, and the school administration to improve instructional
practices and to develop and implement data-driven plans to best support the needs of students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities provided by the school. Create individual professional growth
goals and work to meet these goals throughout the course of the school year.
- Adhere to the instructional program set by RCP’s administration team.
- Collaborate with and support an instructional aide on a daily basis in the classroom.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Richmond College Prep.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid California Multiple Subjects teaching credential with English Language Learner (ELL) authorization
- Prior elementary classroom teaching experience is preferred
- Salary compensation is competitive to nearby districts
- Health and Dental Coverage
- One hour of prep and one hour of lunch each day
- Each teacher has an Instructional Aide to support with daily instruction
- You will be a part of a nurturing school family
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply :
- Please email the following application materials to our Business Manager, Kenya Williams - email@example.com
o In lieu of a cover letter, please answer all of the following questions:
▪ Why do you want to teach our students and what connection do you have to our community or other
communities of color?
▪ If someone were to visit your classroom, what three words would you want him/her to use to describe
it and why?
▪ What book are you currently reading?