6868 Distribution Drive
American Childhood Cancer Organization (ACCO) is seeking a motivated, experienced candidate for the position of
Graphic Design and Website Developer at our office in Beltsville (College Park area), MD. We hope to find a successful
candidate who supports and understands our mission and is a motivated self-starter who excels at both individual
projects and working on a team. This is a full-time position that is dependent on availability and skill of the candidate.
The Graphic Design and Website Developer will create original logos and marketing pieces, develop and maintain a
functional website, manage and strengthen the organization’s brand as well as create and implement innovative
marketing strategies to expand ACCO’s stakeholders. You will also work closely with the ACCO’s team to expand multi-
media reach through story-telling and other effective strategies to disseminate and grow ACCO’s online community as
well as raise awareness of ACCO’s programs, services and campaigns.
Work Hours and Schedule: Monday through Friday, 5 days a week/40 hours a week
Office location: 6868 Distribution Drive Beltsville, MD 20705
• Design and update ACCO’s website on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and up-to-date content including
posting blogs, reports, updating graphics, text, and etc;
• Design original logos and graphics as needed by ACCO and Founding Hope Program;
• Create ACCO brochures, business cards, banners, social media visuals, infographics, presentations, annual
reports, and other visual needs of the organization;
• Assist with expanding ACCO’s marketing footprint by working with the Social Media Coordinator to develop
core messages and the use of story-telling strategies to resonate with ACCO’s online audience;
• Design cohesive communication materials for ACCO’s campaigns and signature events;
• Work with staff and CEO as needed to develop visual materials for our International Childhood Cancer
• Create annual communications and social media campaigns to coordinate with secular holidays and
September as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month as well as regular posts across multiple platforms;
• Perform digital analysis and reporting to measure our online presence;
• Assist with the creation of handouts, brochures, infographics for reports, appeal letters, print and web-based
newsletters, Grant or Proposal Layouts, other visual displays as well as childhood cancer data/factsheets;
• Participate in office volunteer events;
• Assist with the writing of press releases and pitch stories to the media;
• Keep record of “kudos” from families for possible use in communications/marketing about ACCO;
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of 3 years of Word Press, Avada, and/or comparable web content manager, Adobe Suite (Illustrator,
Photoshop, In Design), Marketing platforms (Hootsuite, Constant Contact).
• Original graphic design experience (require visual samples).
• Salesforce or other CRM Platform experience is preferred.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Professionalism in dress, speech, and attitude. Follow schedule and meet deadlines.
• A desire to improve upon current procedures and systems to help the organization run efficiently.
- Healthcare Plan
- Cell Phone Bill Reimbursements
Minimum Education Required