Digital Marketing Manager – Advertising and Marketing Automation
- Job posted by Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Details: Starting salary mid 70s to high 70s (commensurate with experience).
40 Rector Street
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $350 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization. The Marketing Team is responsible for executing integrated marketing efforts, including prospect, renewal, and cultivation campaigns and activities via all communication channels to maximize the revenue and increase awareness of MSF’s activities, concerns, expertise, and values.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is seeking a talented and ambitious marketer, experienced in driving successful digital campaigns, who blends digital expertise with an analytical mind. In this role, your main priority will be to grow our digital reach and improve performance on paid digital marketing channels to acquire valuable new donors and increase donor retention. You will play an active role in achieving our goal of growing digital revenue by at least 10 percent each year. To be an ideal candidate, you have solid experience managing paid digital marketing channels, with a strong focus on performance. Furthermore, you are an experienced user of marketing automation tools, with a technical understanding that makes you able to pro-actively identify opportunities to continuously drive organizational development through technology. Working with our agency partner and other relevant stakeholders.
The Digital Marketing Manager – Advertising and Marketing Automation plans, creates, and manages growth strategies for paid digital channels such as social media, paid search, display, native advertising, video, mobile, and emerging new media across core business functions: donor acquisition, conversion, engagement, and reactivation. The Digital Marketing Manager – Adverting and New Media believes in, and champions, a digital marketing approach centered around the donor experience and uses available tools and technologies to build and implement a strong segmentation and automation plan to bring the work of MSF to life for our audiences with the right message at the right time. By expanding and optimizing channel performance and refining the day-to-day activation of our current lead/donor base, the Digital Marketing Manager - Advertising and Marketing Automation ensures growth in recurring revenue and maximizes client retention. Under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager for Campaign Strategy and Innovations, and in close collaboration with the rest of the Digital Marketing Team, this position plays a vital role in the success of MSF’s online marketing programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Digital Marketing Strategy and Management (70%)
- Work with agency partner and relevant stakeholders to create and manage growth strategies for maximizing revenue from paid digital channels such as social media, paid search, display, native advertising, video, mobile, and emerging new media.
- Monitor campaign performance across multi-channel digital advertising program with focus on a select set of KPIs to improve acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Forecast program performance and manage expenses with a high degree of accuracy.
- Build and implement a strong segmentation, personalization, and automation plan, leading audience targeting practices and audience-first thinking within the digital marketing department to drive recurring revenue and maximize client retention.
- Discover, research, and test new and emerging digital channels to help drive incremental revenue and new traffic.
- Optimize content and creative strategy in collaboration with media agency, coordinate advertising deliverables and traffic to agency, conducting quality assurance checks to ensure that campaigns meet expectations.
- Provide direction to consultants and partners to ensure in-depth, timely analysis of all digital marketing efforts.
- Play a key role in relevant strategy meetings with MSF staff, direct marketing consultants, and others, helping to prepare agenda for meetings and providing supporting analysis when necessary.
- Work in close collaboration with MSF’s Editorial Team, finding opportunities to leverage content, operational updates and events to help meet digital revenue and brand awareness targets.
- Work in close collaboration with a host of creative freelancers, where you’ll prepare briefs and facilitate a project from perception to end.
- Attend conferences, events, and trainings to improve upon your skill set and to keep abreast of the latest trends happening in the digital space.
Planning & Budgeting (30%)
- Collaborate with Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager - Campaign Strategy and Innovations, marketing vendors and members of team on the creation and implementation of an Annual Plan and Budget for digital advertising, designed to meet the fundraising needs of MSF as well as to promote MSF field activities and advocacy efforts.
- Participate in planning and implementation of MSF-USA’s digital development strategies, policies, and procedures.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
· Availability to travel (national/international) up to 3 weeks/year is required.
• Minimum 3-4 years directly relevant experience in digital marketing, plus BA, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven experience working with audience targeting practices and the use of Marketing Cloud, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder and Automation Studio or equivalent.
• Experience working with audience targeting in a Data Management Platform (DMP).
• Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords.
• Advanced knowledge and experience using the Facebook advertising platform.
• Familiarity with techniques to acquire new online donors and build awareness through social marketing channels, mobile, and SMS marketing.
· Experience performing in-depth analysis of channel conversion and ROI and making recommendations and implementing strategies for improvement.
• Experience managing complex vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of vendors and consultants.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Organized, detail-oriented, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills.
• Comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Collaborative team player with strong relationship skills.
• Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
• Non-profit experience preferred, but not a requirement.
- Partner with hiring managers to build overall understanding of position requirements, provide training for best hiring practices, conduct background checks/ references review and set recruitment standards
- Strong decision-making skills
- BS/BA or equivalent required
Full Time Exempt
Open ended Contract
Starting salary mid 70s to high 70s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
3, December 2018
Working Time %
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: email@example.com,
ATTN: “Digital Marketing Manager – Advertising and Marketing Automation” position.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2018