Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Community Voices Heard (CVH) is a member-led multi-racial organization, principally women of color and low-income families in New York State that builds power to secure racial, social, and economic justice for all. Founded in 1994 by welfare recipients in New York City working to fight unjust welfare policies, we have since expanded our organization to include working on seminal issues throughout New York State. Our core organizing issues include fighting for truly affordable housing, a just social safety net, good jobs and access to them, criminal justice reform, immigration reform and an open, participatory democracy.
For more information please check out our web page at: www.cvhaction.org.
BACKGROUND ON POSITION:
Community Voices Heard is seeking a communications organizer with strong organizational and interpersonal skills to help implement a broad range of marketing and communications initiatives. Reporting to the Executive Director, this organizer will be part of a team charged with integrating the communications strategy within and among campaigns and chapters, in a way that works to engage more people on our issues, increase the organization’s visibility, keep members/supporters engaged and informed of organizational activities, and encourage new members. This will include but is not limited to email, web, social media and marketing.
Candidates will be particularly appealing to us if they also have:
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a grassroots membership organization, political organization, or social justice organization.
- A serious social media game.
- Strong familiarity with Nation Builder and Google Docs.
- Develop social media strategic plan, with responsibility for writing content, posting, and engagement;
- Drive purposeful storytelling and quality communications materials for internal and external audiences;
- Incorporate success stories, reports, and other knowledge products into effective collateral and outreach tools
- Assist with event organization, in particular on high-profile events with a clear communications angle;
- Manage online communications activities, including the organization’s website, e-communications, and marketing pieces, etc.;
- Help build audience share through outreach and social media integration;
- Work with the team to convert the organization’s social media followers into program participants and donors;
- Collect and analyze metrics to determine the effectiveness of social media content;
- Report, research, fact check, and write other content as needed;
- Update monthly web content;
- Develop and coordinate press coverage reports, helping draft and circulate summaries of weekly press hits;
- Perform other editorial and administrative tasks as needed.
Benefits include: vacation days, personal days, holidays, medical/dental/vision healthcare coverage, and 403(b) plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and verbal fluency in English is necessary, additional fluency in a language(s) prevalent among immigrant communities of color is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, writing sample, names of three references and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the organization to: email@example.com with “Communications Organizer” in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CVH strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.