Details: Salary commensurate with experience
325 Harrison Street
The Fundraising Events Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of events for the purpose of raising funds for MoPOP. Duties include recruitment of staff and volunteers, soliciting sponsors and donors, budgeting, vendor relations and donor management. The Manager is expected to share in the strategic long-term vision of MoPOP and contribute to the growth of from both a tactical perspective in the day-to-day operations of the organization’s Development event production and from a strategic, long-term planning perspective, helping to bring innovation and efficiency to this aspect of fundraising for MoPOP.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Event fundraising management. Develop and implement unique fundraising strategies related to special events. Maintain responsibility for event success from conception through to execution.
- Budgeting and project management. Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines for special events. Track, collect, and acknowledge funds raised for special events. Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales and income goals and adjust plans as appropriate. Work with Development team, to create income and attendance projections for events. Conduct post-event follow up and action steps.
- Secure cash and in-kind sponsorships from individuals and corporations to achieve event goals.
- Stewardship and cultivation. Lead planning and execution of fulfillment and cultivation events in support of MoPOP.
- Maintain up-to-date data in Event and CRM systems.
- Represent MoPOP to current and potential donors in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Minimum three to five years fundraising experience preferred, including annual campaigns or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with CRM systems (Tessitura and Greater Giving) and other computer-based information systems preferred.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and efficiently solve problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a relentless drive toward outcomes and high aim.
- Experience fundraising in museums or other membership-based institutions
- Have a bias for action and lead with an innovative mindset
- Ability to work and prioritize independently, while also working in collaboration with a team
- Able to remain composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organization commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
- Excellent project management skills, including strong attention to detail while multi-tasking and ability to perform well given workload fluctuations inherent in the profession.
- Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.
We offer our regular, full-time employees (working 35 or more hours per week) a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes the following:
Health Insurance: MoPOP pays 100% of premium costs for our regular, full-time employees Medical, Dental and Vision insurance. Employees may enroll eligible dependents on their plan and pay their premium costs through automatic payroll deduction.
Flexible Benefit Plan: Employees may elect to defer money into a flexible spending account on a pre-tax basis. Flexible spending accounts can be used to pay for qualified uninsured health care expenditures or for childcare expenses.
Life Insurance: MoPOP pays for employee life insurance equal to one times annual salary, up to $100,000. In addition, up to $200,000 of supplemental coverage may also be purchased by employees at group rates. Spouse/domestic partner and dependent coverage is available for employees on a self-pay basis.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: One times salary (up to $100K); company paid AD&D policy for eligible employees.
Short Term Disability: MoPOP provides regular, full-time employees with an employer paid short-term disability (STD) program. This plan pays 60% of your salary to a maximum of $1,000 per week, and begins after a 14-day waiting period.
Long Term Disability: MoPOP provides regular, full-time employees with an employer paid long-term disability (LTD) program, which allows for a 60% salary continuance (up to $6,000 per month) in the event of a total disability, after a 90-day waiting period.
Transportation Benefit: MoPOP offers subsidized transportation and parking options.
Retirement Plan - 401(k): Eligible employees who are 18+ years will be enrolled in our 401(k) plan through Fidelity Investments for an AUTOMATIC 3% deferral in Fidelity’s general investment fund on the 1st of the month following completion of 3 months of employment; employees may contribute 1% to 60% of tax-deferred salary up to maximum IRS limits. A rollover of a pre-existing, qualified account is allowed at any time, as is waiving participation. Employer Matching is discretionary – ask HR for current year contributions percentages.
Employee Assistance Program: Free, confidential counseling services available to all employees, dependents, and anyone who lives in your household for help with personal, professional, financial, legal or family problems.
Vacation: Regular, full-time employees accrue vacation benefits each pay period depending on length of service, which is based on anniversary date. Full-time employees scheduled to work 40 hours per week accrue vacation as follows:
Between 0-5 years of employment = 10 days (80 hours per year)
Between 5-10 years of employment = 15 days (120 hours per year) **(DIRECTORS are hired at this level)
After 10 years of employment = 20 days (160 hours per year)
Sick Leave: Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 40 hours per week, are eligible to accrue eight days (64 hours) of sick leave per year.
Floating Holidays: A maximum of seven days (56 hours) of Floating Holidays per year are granted for personal time off, with the time not carrying over from year to year. If hire date is after June 30th, 4 (32 hours) Floating Holidays are given; after Sept 30, 3 (24 hours) Floating Holidays are given; after November 30, 2 (16 hours) Floating Holidays are given.
Paid Holidays: New Years’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Additional Benefits: Direct deposit of bi-weekly paychecks, MoPOP staff Museum Access, 50% discount to employees on all food + beverages at the CULTURE KITCHEN SEATTLE at MoPOP, happy hour appetizers or dinner at a 20% discount and a 10% discount for all take-out food from Center House Bistro and a 25% discount at the MoPOP Retail Store (excluding CDs/DVDs) by showing your badge.
**This is a summary of benefits. Our policies and practices, including the compensation and benefits we provide, are subject to changes and exceptions without prior notice, at our discretion.**
Minimum Education Required