Part Time Temporary
32 Old Slip
Foundation Center is looking for a part-time Knowledge Services Assistant who is highly organized and detail-oriented to join our Knowledge Services team, which is at the forefront of the ongoing evolution of Foundation Center as it transforms from a data publisher into a knowledge services organization.
Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grantmakers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector. It also operates research, education, and training programs designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. Thousands of people visit Foundation Center's website each day and are served in its five regional hubs and its network of more than 400 funding information centers located in public libraries, community foundations, and educational institutions nationwide and around the world.
POSITION: Knowledge Services Assistant (Long-Term, Part-time)
REPORTING TO: Knowledge Services Manager
SCHEDULE: 19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
This Knowledge Services Assistant position provides an exceptional opportunity to learn about foundations and the broader social sector both domestically and internationally. The position will involve providing support on a variety of projects, from youth philanthropy to giving for disasters and humanitarian crises. This position is well-suited for an advanced undergraduate, graduate student, or others interested in gaining research experience. The position is part-time and begins in May 2018.
· Assist in data review and data cleaning for various research projects and online platforms;
· Prepare summary data tables for analysis;
· Conduct qualitative background research;
· Select relevant case studies, evaluations, and research reports and upload them into an online database
· Copyedit reports and online content;
· Perform administrative and other duties, as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree; advanced undergraduates will be considered.
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Experience and high level of comfort with Microsoft Excel
· Experience and/or interest in analyzing and interpreting qualitative data
· Experience and/or interest in working with large data sets
· Comfort working independently
· Positive attitude
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We're looking for candidates who want non-benefits eligible, part-time employment. Only candidates who are seriously seeking part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time or benefits eligible position, please do not apply.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· The reason you are seeking a part-time position
· The expected length of time you are available to work
· Where you saw our job posting
Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Foundation Center, please visit our website: http://foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center
Foundation Center is an equal opportunity employer.