WHO WE ARE:
At ActBlue, we build and run a powerful, modern online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We’re a nonprofit organization ourselves, and we work to make it really easy for these groups to run grassroots fundraising programs. The result? We're putting power back in the hands of small-dollar donors.
Since 2004, campaigns and organizations across the country have raised almost $2 billion using our tools, with an average contribution size of $30 right now. Thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members count on our fundraising tools to fuel their organizing work.
We’re a growing team that has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in!
The Customer Service Team’s role is to serve as the front line of support. Team members are the chief brand ambassadors to ActBlue’s many thousands of donors and campaign users. The Customer Relations Associate will be a member of a small team that offers efficient, accurate, and friendly assistance to users who contact ActBlue. ActBlue’s headquarters are located in Somerville, MA, and the direct supervisor for this role is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a full-time remote position that will ideally operate during East Coast business hours (though there is some flexibility) on a Monday - Friday schedule.
- Conduct day-to-day user support.
- Respond to incoming email messages.
- Transcribe voicemails and return phone calls.
- Monitor queue of contributions needing further review.
- Proactively provide donor support and outreach.
- Tackle other tasks and projects as assigned by the Director of Customer Service.
- A great communicator: You’ll be in contact with many various people every day - candidates for this position should enjoy constant communication and have a passion for helping people.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working in a larger team, most of your day to day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Experienced in customer service: We’d love to bring someone on board who have experience with and enjoy providing customer support to people on a daily basis.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple check your work. You understand that details play a large role in setting a project up for success.
- Goal oriented: We have goals as a team that we work hard to consistently meet and exceed.
- Organized and efficient over the phone and via email: The person in this role will be responding to a high volume of emails and calls each day and will regularly be problem solving with customers over the phone.
- A strong tracker: This role will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, and appropriately escalating possible technical issues.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This is a fully remote position. ActBlue offers generous, competitive hourly compensation, and provides fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance, and an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan. ActBlue will also provide the technology and hardware needed to do the job. We are looking for folks willing to work a full-time (40 hour) schedule Monday through Friday, during the East Coast business day. Ability to commit through 2020 elections is preferred.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply