Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
4001 North 1st Street
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Based in Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is one of the largest food banks in the nation. Currently providing food to more than one quarter of a million people every month, Second Harvest is a trusted community-based organization that was founded in 1974. Despite the immense wealth in Silicon Valley, and partly due to the high cost of living, hunger and malnutrition are pervasive. The Food Bank distributes nutritious food, including more fresh produce than any other food bank in the country, through a network of nearly 320 nonprofit partners at more than 850 sites. Second Harvest is pursuing innovative efforts to increase access to food resources as it seeks to feed an additional 100,000 hungry people each month. To reach more people, it advocates for anti-hunger policies and connects those in need to federal nutrition programs and other food resources. To learn more about how Second Harvest is building a hunger-free community, visit www.SHFB.org.
About the Position
This is an exciting time to join our growing Development Department, which is laser-focused on expanding the foundation that will support fundraising efforts for years to come. The Donor Database Specialist is a key part of the Development Operations team responsible for the acknowledgement of all gifts as well as processing monthly, online and food donations.
Currently, the Development Operations Team processes over 90,000 gifts per year and manages the data for 50,000 donors. Your deep understanding and appreciation for systems and process will allow us to provide the highest standard of donor stewardship, while your great interpersonal skills will improve our internal customer service to support leaders and field fundraisers responsible for collectively raising over $38MM. Your flexibility will allow us to respond to the changing needs of fundraising programs.
Your overall success will be determined by your strong interpersonal, analytical and technical skills, and extreme attention to detail and flexibility. We are a very collaborative team, open to new ideas and encourage changes that allow for an improved donor and employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Process donor acknowledgement letters/receipts for in-house signatures and files sent to a mailing house
· Print one-off receipts and coordinate tribute cards
Gift Entry Processing
· Online donation processing
· Sustainers club gift processing and enrollments, updates and verifications
· Food donation processing
· Assist in troubleshooting
· Assist with complicated data entry of VIP food and fund drives
Donor Database Updates and Verifications
· Download new constituent records created online
· Update Donor Information, address, email, phone changes, credit cards, contact settings
· Ensure data integrity by running regular audit queries and merging records
Internal Customer Service
· Respond to the requests of Development staff in a timely manner. Proactively communicate trends or changes observed in data processing.
· Experience using databases is required.
· Excellent proof-reading skills.
· Microsoft Office experience.
· Experience providing internal customer service and/or technical support to users of all levels and backgrounds.
· Proven experience building relationships with a diverse group of internal and external constituents.
· Ability to make frequent changes of routine and pace of activity due to unpredictable demands without loss of efficiency or composure.
· Possess a passion for the advancement of the SHFB’s mission.
· Ability to perform duties in accordance with Agency’s Safety Policies and Injury Prevention Program.
Reports To: Development Operations Supervisor
Location: Cypress Distribution Center, 4001 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95134
Hours: Non-Exempt, Full-time, 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week. Monday through Friday. 8 am to 5 pm
UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Generous health benefits, Flexible Time Off (FTO) starting at 160 hours/year, ten paid holidays, and excellent retirement savings plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required