Associate, Talent Acquisition
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate will support organization-wide outreach and recruitment for staff, interns, and internal staff hiring. Ceres commitment to an inclusive and equitable workplace will require a person who shares a similar commitment. This job offers an opportunity for an organized, team-oriented, energetic, and trustworthy individual interested in talent acquisition to help to build a growing organization. The position is full-time and reports to our Manager, Talent Acquisition. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support recruitment logistics for staff and intern hiring; including
- posting open positions,
- exploring new posting sites,
- coordinating outreach and relationship management with colleges, universities, and professional organizations,
- scheduling hiring check-in meetings and candidate interviews,
- supporting hiring teams with application materials, coordinating interviews, organizing exercises for candidates,
- processing acknowledgements and
- tracking all candidate activity
- help to produce quarterly applicant data for reporting purposes
- Support the Manager in developing marketing materials and increasing Ceres online footprint to expand our outreach efforts with a particular interest in diversifying our candidate pool
- Assist the Manager in development and organization of Ceres’ ambassador program
- Once trained, conduct initial screens of interns and entry-level staff positions
- Support Manager in developing materials and training sessions for Ceres staff on best practices for screening and interviewing candidates, with a special focus on disrupting implicit biases
- Assist in organizing online or in-person job fairs or recruitment events
- Support with data tracking and analysis on candidates and search process
- Provide logistical support to external recruiters working on senior job searches
- Assist Manager with special projects as assigned
- Support other members of the HR team during vacation or other leaves
- At minimum, 2 years of work experience, in an office setting, required.
- At minimum, 1 year of direct recruiting and hiring experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in talent acquisition, a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize projects. Proven track record of successfully completing projects on time.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to demonstrate initiative and motivation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Understand how to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong ethical sensibility.
- Interest in building a workplace where inclusion and equity for all people is valued.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills necessary.
- Ability to look at problems as opportunities.
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through on projects and communication.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization, a plus.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization, a plus.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.