Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB) is hiring an experienced Assistant Director of Prospect Development. With hybrid work arrangements available, this position is critical to the success of BGCB’s Development Department and its fundraising efforts.
The Assistant Director of Prospect Development will develop and implement procedures for prospect pipeline monitoring and management; will lead the prospect strategy meetings with all frontline fundraisers; and will be responsible for driving data mining and modeling projects as well as for conducting prospect research. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development Operations.
This position is based at our Main Office, 200 High Street Boston, MA and is eligible to apply for a hybrid (in-office and remote) work model. It is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to attend events and meetings as needed.
BGCB is offering a $600 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish an effective prospect research program by identifying prospect review strategies as well as protocols for portfolios management and analysis.
- Create processes for establishing and maintaining portfolios for Individual and Institutional prospects that encompasses CEO, volunteer, and event assignments. Evaluate prospect portfolios potential and work closely with the frontline fundraisers on managing their pipelines, recommend cultivation and solicitation strategies. Ensures that development officers are engaged in the most value-added activities.
- Conduct proactive research, including data mining and predictive modeling, to identify new prospects with a focus on assessing capacity and connections to the organization. Identify potential engagement strategies and make assignment recommendations at prospect strategy meetings.
- Lead the prospect strategy meetings; track in Raiser’s Edge NXT database and follow-up with prospect managers on next steps.
- Responsible for the implementation of analytics and for the oversight of reporting strategies as they pertain to prospect management efforts.
- Prepare biographical and financial profiles on individuals, foundations and corporations using a wide variety of offline and online prospect research resources. Assign prospect ratings based on both inclination and giving capacity. Translate information into effective confidential research snapshots, briefings, in-depth profiles and event bios.
- Provide research support for Director and Trustee nomination procedure, board committees, and event briefings, as needed.
- Verify, update and code various types of prospect information in Raiser’s Edge NXT database.
- Proactively alert Development team and other senior staff about findings and news stories related to prospects, donors, and Board members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 4 years of research and database experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize high volume of information.
- Ability to accurately interpret financial data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent organization skills to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Must be able to write concise research documents with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Must be proficient in research resources including Lexis-Nexis, WealthEngine, Foundation Center Directory Online, 10K Wizard, AlumniFinder, DonorSearch, and Hoover’s Online.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
BGCB is committed to encouraging and welcoming diversity throughout the organization. As an equal opportunity employer, BGCB does not discriminate in employment opportunities, policies or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our policy to employ persons on the basis of ability, experience, education, and character.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **