District of Columbia
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, this position provides accounting and administrative support to the finance, accounting, and administration functions of Tech Impact. The Staff Accountant will be the primary person responsible for invoicing, accounts payable/cash disbursements, and accounts receivable/collections. S/he will perform duties such as payment request processing, expense report management, check or payment deposit processing, data entry, filing and organizing, financial record keeping, procuring supplies, communicating with customers and vendors, coordinating with building management, and working on special projects. The Staff Accountant will also provide occasional, high-level administrative support by handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence and receiving visitors. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accept and record customer payments. Deposit checks using remote deposit check scanner and code accordingly in accounting system.
- Distribute mid-month customer statements showing balances past due.
· Communicate with clients about past due invoices.
- Review and approve staff expense reports, ensuring proper coding and documentation are included. Communicate with staff to gather necessary information.
- Process vendor invoices and bill payments, ensuring proper coding. Communicate with vendors as needed.
- Help maintain online bill pay and expense reporting systems, storing records as required.
· Manage purchasing across multi-city office locations. Areas may include equipment and hardware/software, office supplies, food and beverage supplies, transportation and ride-sharing apps.
· Manage inventory of assets and selected equipment.
- Open mail and process or distribute to staff.
- Conduct administrative duties on a limited, as needed basis.
· Submit service and maintenance requests to and communicate with building management on a limited, as need basis.
- Participate in special department projects, as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge Skills Required
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and flexible.
- Ability to multitask.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, and comfortable with Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop required.
- Knowledge of automated bill payment processing and expense reporting tools highly desired. Experience with Concur and/or Expensify is a plus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (i.e., 40 hours per week). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, onsite at the Washington, DC office – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, with some flexibility. Located walking distance to Metro (0.25 mile).
Required Education and Experience
- Required: 3 years or more related experience.
- Required: 2 years or more of basic to moderate bookkeeping experience (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, customer invoicing).
- Minimum: Associate’s Degree in Accounting.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
(Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job) – must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Generous benefit package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required