The Program & Administrative Assistant provides critical support to the association office and helps with program activities.
Major areas of responsibility include
- Office management and administrative tasks
- Order fulfillment and customer service
- Project support for AMWA’s membership, education, and certification programs
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Assistant interacts with members, customers, and other staff.
General administration and activities
- Create daily payment batches and monthly reconciliation reports.
- Generate sales reports and program participation statistics as needed; work to reconcile sales records with database reports as needed.
- Handle building management service requests, copy machine issues, and office product supply orders.
- Manage all office and administrative tasks including such items as mail, fax, phone, office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain the postage machine and stamps.com accounts.
- Work closely with other staff and provide administrative support as needed.
Essential Skills Certificate Program
- Fulfill product orders, coordinate shipments, and manage product inventory.
- Update database and curriculum records with enrollment and assessment information and coordinate related communications to learners.
- Send payment acknowledgements, process refunds, and handle special shipping requests as necessary.
- Support customers with AMWA Online Learning purchases and access.
- Process refunds and handle special shipping requests as necessary.
- Communicate with, and respond to, customers in answering questions and status inquiries.
- Generate sales and program activity reports as needed
Member and Customer Service
- Maintain and update records in AMWA’s membership database and other tracking systems.
- Review membership transactions to ensure members are successful in joining and renewing, including the student, freelance, and retirement membership processes.
- Two to three years of work experience, preferably within a nonprofit organization or association
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Strong skills using Excel to manage data and information in spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to details
- Comfortable with databases, data entry, and reporting
- Ability to prioritize and manage a workflow that involves interruptions and multiple projects at the same time
- Strong technology skills including Office 365 Suite, PowerPoint, Survey Monkey, Google Docs
- Strong customer service orientation
- Professional demeanor and ability to work in a team setting
- Experience with association management and event registration systems preferred
Job Status: The Program Assistant is a temporary position and is classified non-exempt (paid hourly).