80-98 Linden Boulevard
GallopNYC uses Therapeutic Horsemanship to help riders walk, talk, and learn,
inspiring each one to live life as fully, productively, and independently as possible.
GallopNYC’s strategic plan is to become a premier therapeutic horseback riding
center serving a significant proportion of people with disabilities and special needs,
including veterans and at-risk youth, in New York City.
GallopNYC recently acquired two of its own full-time barns (Queens), and in
addition, provides program at two other sites (Brooklyn & The Bronx). As our
fundraising matures, it will be critical that this person builds on the momentum of
this growth to achieve GallopNYC’s plan, building on our solid record of accomplishments.
Continue to build financial stability for GallopNYC and its growth by developing
and executing our fundraising plans with an eye on major giving and corporate support.
Grow and shape the development team, and continue to develop GallopNYC into a
thriving NYC institution.
Build philanthropic support to ensure a majority of our programs can be made
available without regard to need, and to support strong staff, research, and program
Build a Capital fundraising program for future site acquisition.
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Horsemanship, therapeutic horsemanship, health, and/or disability background a plus
- BA/BS required
- 5-8 years fundraising experience with proven track record of success, major gifts
- Experience as a liaison with one or more Boards of Directors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Salesforce.
- Planning, budgeting, and executing annual development plans with measurable.
Minimum Education Required