This position is a part-year, part-time position for a 5-month period
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Associate will provide assistance and support to the work of the CFC by performing a variety of administrative and organizational functions such as meeting support, shipping of campaign materials, working with campaign workers, overseeing calendar of activities and maintaining reports and other records. The program associate will work with the regional director, senior associate director/associate director, other zone staff members, and campaign workers to achieve campaign goals and is responsible for customer service, project management, stewardship and meeting all assigned contract deliverables.
- Performs administrative duties by responding to telephone and email inquiries from campaign workers, donors and charities; maintaining a calendar of activities; ensuring office and logistical support; maintaining informational database and other electronic reports, records and files.
- Interact with all levels of stakeholders by receiving telephone calls, responding to inquiries and complaints, answering questions and providing information, screening and routing incoming calls.
- Assists the Senior Associate Director/Associate Director with managing facility maintenance; assisting with office needs; maintaining office and campaign supplies, warehouse, inventory and office machines; and organizing, assigning and reviewing assignments of seasonal volunteers.
- Conducts telephone/in-person training sessions for campaign workers where needed.
- Prepares and maintains written documents by preparing, distributing, collecting and reviewing written documents, preparing reports, maintaining files and drafting general correspondence.
- Ensures all required monthly paperwork (expense reports, activity and leave reports) is accomplished and submitted within required deadlines.
- Assists with meeting activities by preparing meeting materials and handouts, attending meetings, taking minutes and proofing, formatting and filing agendas.
- Replies to emails and manages inbox and to-do-listing.
- Ships supplies, campaign materials and awards to campaign workers and maintains shipping log.
- Prepares awards and recognition.
- Assists with after action review and feedback collection.
- Serves as facilities and/or information systems support manager.
- Tracking budget expenses and timely submission of time and attendance records, invoices, campaign expenses, travel requests and travel expense reports.
- Completes additional assignments, serves on task forces and completes special projects as assigned.
- Support zone staff with the creation, editing and revision of various required reports.
- Monitor the help desk daily and respond to inquiries as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work effectively within the military and federal government environment
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Mail Merge
- Should have a natural aptitude for technology driven projects
- Well organized and detail oriented with solid computer skills and ability to learn new online platforms quickly
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with a focus on results
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels to achieve significant results.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to wrap, pack, ship and lift boxes (35 pounds)
- Must be a U.S. military ID card holder with SOFA status (overseas locations only)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience working in a support role, preferably in communications or a similar role
- Prior CFC experience a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be a U.S. military ID card holder with SOFA status