Part Time Temporary
Just-A-Start is seeking two energetic teachers for our Summer Youth Enrichment Program. The Summer Program is a paid work experience/enrichment program which operates for 6 weeks in July and August. In this 30 hour a week position, you will be responsible for the student literacy program or career/finance curriculum. This job goes from June 25th through August 17th.
KEY JOB ACTIVITIES:
• Refine and implement student literacy program and career or finance curriculum
• Plan and supervise relevant field trips and guest speakers to/from local employers
• Supervise up to 15 trainees and two junior staff members in each class
• Assist students with development of best work projects and consolidate into a portfolio
• Participate in and lend support to all program wide activities designed to support program goals
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and a minimum of two years’ experience with teenage youth as lead teacher, or equivalent
• Proven ability to teach and engage youth who possess multiple learning abilities and styles
• Strong sense of professionalism and ability to model good work maturity skills to youth
• Energetic and enthusiastic about JAS Summer Youth Enrichment Program mission
Just-A-Start (JAS) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a better future by providing affordable housing, education, training, community engagement and supportive services. Since 1970 JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
Minimum Education Required