540 Orange Street
Roseville Community Charter School is a warm, nurturing, and supportive environment in which teachers can be relentless in their aim to facilitate significant student growth. Ideal candidates possess an unyielding belief in all students’ ability to achieve at high levels, demonstrated success in yielding high results, and experience teaching in urban school environments.
- Exemplify, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision and core values of the school
- Teach and reinforce all school-wide expectations, systems, and routines
- Create and implement rigorous lesson plans, with clear and measurable objectives to meet academic standards
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement strategies for all students to reach success
- Deliver engaging and motivating whole class, small group, and individual instruction that fosters student achievement
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior
- Use frequent formative and summative assessments and data analysis to drive lesson planning and delivery of instruction and achieve ongoing improvement in students' academic achievement
- Communicate regularly and maintain strong relationships with students and families
- Attend a minimum of seven school-wide evening events per year
- Continue to develop professionally by participating in professional development opportunities within and independent of the school environment
- Arrive at school each day by 7:15 a.m. and leave no earlier than 4:30 p.m.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Principal
Qualifications and Certifications
- Firm belief in the ability of all students to achieve at high levels, and high expectations for low-income children to become college ready and attend selective universities.
- New Jersey teacher certification
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience teaching in an urban environment, with demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, particularly with parents and community members
- Self-reflective and analytical problem solver
- Openness to feedback, willingness to take personal responsibility, and a desire to learn from others
- Unwavering in pursuit of excellence even in the face of difficult opposition and challenges
- Fluent Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: Candidates wishing to apply should send a resume and cover letter explaining the basis of their interest and relevant experience to email@example.com.