San Francisco, Oakland
Position: Program Manager
The Program Manager is responsible for operational excellence in the execution of the Genesys Works student internship program for their assigned area of responsibility. They serve as the direct manager for Program Coordinators who work directly with students and are the first line of support to troubleshoot issues that Program Coordinators have with students, corporate partners and schools. They are also responsible for development and implementation of student curriculum in the core program and together with College and Program Coordinators reaching core program metrics.
About Genesys Works
Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to enable economically-disadvantaged students to enter and thrive in the economic mainstream by providing them the knowledge and work experience required to succeed as professionals. Utilizing our "employer" relationship with corporations and training young professionals for a business environment really sets Genesys Works apart from other non-profits. Genesys Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Specific Key responsibilities include:
- Manages Program Coordinators and their execution of the student internship program as well as their relationships with students, corporate partners and schools. Is actively involved in the identification, selection onboarding, development, monitoring and evaluation of assigned Program Coordinators.
- Assisting in training staff in curriculum development, presentation skills and relationship management, assuring that they are providing high quality services to our students, corporate partners and schools
- Assists and participates in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of Genesys Works student curriculum, including summer training and throughout the school year
- Managing student events, and helping to assure they are a positive experience for students and staff
- Oversees and participates in administrative and logistical activities to support program operations
- Prioritizing program/staff calibration and culture points so that the team feels and is fully supported
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as determined by demand
- Ability to inspire trust by dealing with others in an honest, fair and ethical manner
- Effective presentation, oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of direct youth work or youth program managing experience or high-performing Program Coordinator within Genesys Works.
- Ability to teach and develop others by utilizing strong instructor, facilitator and coaching skills
- Ability to coach students through the college access and application process
- Ability to effectively determine objectives, set priorities and delegate.
- Ability to assesses individual and team performance by monitoring team metrics to assure that core goals and the mission is accomplished
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
- Ability to work with computers, databases including Microsoft Office and similar applications
- Project execution skills including strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car
- Four year college degree (preferred); all majors considered
Breakdown of Responsibilities:
Managing of PCs (65%)
· 20% Management and Professional Development of 5-7 Program Coordinators
· 15% Overseeing PCs’ Student Relationship Management
o Summer training
o CCC meetings
o Troubleshooting (all issues)
o Student events
· 15% Overseeing PCs’ Client Relationships
o Workplace meetings
o Performance Reviews
o Gratitude events at client sites
· 15% Overseeing PCs’ School Relationships
o School Partner Stewardship
o Recruitment presentations
o Monitoring student progress at school
o Student retention until start of summer training
Strategy & Development (25%)
· Strategizing around how to grow and strengthen all 4 cycles of the program in conjunction with the Program Operations Manager
Measurement and Systems (10%)
· 10% Student Measurement and Tracking
o Internal Genesys Works tracking and grading (Schoology, Salesforce, etc)
o External tracking (timesheets, 3rd party reports, onboarding, etc)
Salary will be based upon experience.
Full medical, dental, vision health insurance offered. 403(b)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Managerial
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision. 403(b)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Genesys Works Bay Area <firstname.lastname@example.org>.