1225 South Weller Street
OneAmerica is an immigrant advocacy organization based in Seattle, WA whose mission is to advance the fundamental principles of democracy and justice at the local, state and national levels by building power within immigrant communities in collaboration with key allies. Founded in the wake of September 11, 2001, OneAmerica has grown to become a locally and nationally recognized leader in furthering immigrant, civil and human rights.
This is in a time of growth and opportunity for the organization as we build and strengthen our responses to a culture of emboldened racism and xenophobia within our state and our nation and turn to building the social and political power of immigrants and refugees in Washington State. As we implement our strategic plan to center grassroots leadership development in our strategy, we are not only working to defend the rights and liberties of our communities but to turn our attention to building the leaderships and power of our communities across the state to be in the driver’s seat of leading local state and national campaigns.
One of our biggest challenges in this moment is remaining bold about our vision for immigrants and refugees and also being strategic around how to focus and contain our programs and strategy. We are looking for staff to join our team who are adaptable and excited about leading change, are highly motivated around problem solving and lead with a focus on relationships, collaboration and racial equity. Given the time of immense change, we are looking for leaders who are comfortable with ambiguity and are exciting about the opportunity to develop and build a strategy and plan
OneAmerica is looking to welcome an accomplished administrative support professional with a "whatever it takes" attitude and a passion for social justice. This person will assist in ensuring that all office systems run smoothly and staff members have the administrative support necessary to do their best work. As a member of the Administrative Team, the Operations Associate will work closely with the Senior Operations and Human Resources Manager, Executive Director, and Finance and Development staff to strengthen OneAmerica’s administrative infrastructure and further the programmatic goals of the organization.
· Manage general office operations 50%
o Front desk reception:
§ Greet guests, respond to phone and email inquiries; collect and distribute mail
o Membership, and funds processing
§ Process funds and invoices on a daily basis
o Assist in the ordering and inventorying of office supplies
o Oversee the organization of items in storage room
o Technology support
§ Manage interpretation equipment rentals; process reservation requests for organizational equipment
§ Take inventory of technology
§ Manage technology for Staff Meetings; Board Meetings if necessary
§ Support staff with password management and email access; other technology questions
o Support staff orientation
o Filing and data entry for Finance and Human Resources departments
· Support the programmatic work of the organization 50%
o ownership of key administrative and scheduling duties for the Executive Director and Deputy Director
o meeting/event support
o internal meeting coordination
o assisting in staff recognition such as birthdays and OA Anniversaries
o short- and long- term projects, in accordance with organizational priorities
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Operations Associate. It is not an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities and skills required, and all employees will be expected to perform duties outside of their standard responsibilities, as needed.
The ideal candidate:
· is committed to fighting for social, racial, and economic justice
· Has direct or relevant experience in office management and/or executive support
· exercises hyper-vigilance around organization, details, and follow-through
· anticipates and addresses needs proactively, operating with an internal sense of urgency
· demonstrates a relentless commitment to professionalism, discretion, and flexibility
· Maintains a positive attitude and a staff-support orientation to the work, balancing focus and fun (sense of humor encouraged!)
· takes ownership of tasks, delivering outstanding results while juggling multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment
· displays initiative in seeking creative, strategic solutions that reflect an organizational perspective
· possesses excellent communication (oral and written), collaboration, and interpersonal skills
· is confident using Microsoft Office Suite (knowledge of SharePoint an asset, as is familiarity with Salesforce)
· has a cell phone, daily access to a reliable vehicle, and the ability to work varied hours, including nights
· is multi-lingual (preferred, but not a must-have)
• Commensurate with experience. Compensation rate is $20.00-$25.00/hour
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability and supplemental AFLAC insurance; Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 403(b) retirement plan; 2.5 weeks of paid time off, paid family leave
• OneAmerica is committed to employee growth and advancement, including opportunities for professional development
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability
• 403(b) plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Associate” In your cover letter, please address how your personal and professional background informs your interest in working with OneAmerica. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, so if you are interested in the position, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications is May 30 with the position scheduled to begin in late June.
OneAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of color to apply.