Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager promotes a positive workplace culture and mitigates employment-related risks while providing general and administrative management over all functions of Friendship Shelter’s Human Resources department. S/he is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and manager over all Human Resources activities.
- • Design, deliver, and maintain an organizational orientation system that familiarizes staff with Friendship Shelter’s mission, services, values, and organizational structure.
- • Serve as the main point of contact for employees with human resources questions, including but not limited to benefits, compensation, safety, and organization-wide policies and procedures.
- • Serve as liaison between Friendship Shelter staff and the organization’s health insurance agent and Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Assist Leadership with compensation and workforce planning, development and documentation of compensation schedules.
- • At least annually, train all supervisors in performance management best practices. Project manage supervisors’ performance management activities, including but not limited to ensuring that performance concerns and the responses are adequately documented and filed.
- • Identify in-service and cross-training opportunities, and work with Senior Leadership to standardize staff growth expectations.
- • Develop, plan, coordinate, and execute employee engagement- and morale-boosting initiatives, such as team-building activities, employee newsletters, etc. that effectively cultivate Friendship Shelter’s culture and values within existing staff and that bolster staff satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
See full position description for additional details about duties and qualifications—www.friendshipshelter.org/careers.
Job Type & Status: Full-time, Exempt
Expected Hours and Place of Work: This is not a remote position. The incumbent works full-time from the Laguna Woods, CA office of Friendship Shelter, where the office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am-6:00 pm, and some evenings and weekends as necessary for optimal business function.
Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- • Please visit www.friendshipshelter.org/careers to read our position description thoroughly.
- • Submit a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line "HR Manager Application".
- • Please do not call, drop off, or mail applications. Friendship Shelter has engaged Upswing Group to assist with recruitment for this position. Selected candidates may be contacted by the Upswing Recruitment Team (Recruitment@UpswingGroup.com).