SaverLife (formerly EARN) is a nonprofit on a mission — to inspire, inform, and reward the millions of Americans who need help saving money. Through engaging technologies and strategic partnerships, we give working people the methods and motivation to take control of their financial future.
As a purpose-driven nonprofit, SaverLife is uniquely positioned to lead systemic change. Through our engaging SaverLife platform, we provide prizes, rewards, expert resources, gamification, and other effective strategies proven to incentivize saving and spur new behavior. Through our integrated network of employers, financial institutions, nonprofits, and advocacy groups we advance aspirational savings programs, analytic insights, and policy initiatives dedicated to a more equitable America.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTING & OPERATIONS ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Operations you will provide day-to-day accounting and operations support at SaverLife. You will:
● Maintain the general ledger.
● Manage AP/AR on an ongoing basis via bill.com.
● Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
● Create general ledger entries and monthly schedules to support financial statements.
● Provide schedules, documentation, and support for the annual financial audit and Form 990 preparation.
● Process miscellaneous program payouts for SaverLife clients, as necessary.
● Collect, format, and provide financial information for grant reporting as needed.
● Assist in developing accounting processes and procedures to improve accuracy and timeliness.
● Complete special projects and analysis as needed.
● Maintain and manage all job posting accounts.
● Support the renewal of insurance, SaaS applications, and other licenses, as necessary.
● Other operational support tasks as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
● You’re detail oriented and pride yourself on being organized and accurate.
● You enjoy working with people as well as numbers and you use all of your communication skills.
● You function independently but always meet your deadlines and commitments to others.
● You like to analyze and solve problems.
● You’re inspired by SaverLife’s mission and fast-paced environment.
● You understand the importance of discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
WHAT YOU BRING
● College degree required; accounting emphasis preferred.
● Minimum of two years’ accounting experience.
● Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
● Experience with Intacct, bill.com, and Expensify desirable.
● Nonprofit experience is strongly desired.
OUR OFFER AND COMMITMENT
The salary and benefits package for this position is competitive.
SaverLife is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
SaverLife is located in San Francisco but is currently operating virtually.
SaverLife (formerly EARN) is a nonprofit on a mission — to inspire, inform, and reward the millions of Americans who need help saving money. Through engaging technologies and strategic partnerships, we give working people the methods and…
Health, Dental, Vision
Health, Dental, Vision
If this opportunity sounds like it’s for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2021. If you are not sure if this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please email us.
If this opportunity sounds like it’s for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 19, 2021. If you are not sure if this opportunity is for you, are…