Details: GO Summer Head Teacher compensation is $3,550 which covers all required dates and times.
50 Cooper Square
The GO Project is seeking exceptional K-8 teachers with at least two years of demonstrated success as a Head Teacher for our five-week GO Summer elementary and middle school programs. GO Head Teachers are master teachers with a proven ability to raise student achievement when students are struggling academically or socially.
Rigorous Academics & Strategic Remediation
- Develop or customize differentiated, highly engaging, appropriately challenging lessons in Reading, Writing, and Math aligned to Common Core Standards and aligned to GO Project mission and philosophy
- Ensure students are performing cognitive work during lessons, are engaging in appropriately challenging thinking, and are using evidence to support their thinking and/or form their answers and opinions
- Inspire students to have ownership of their academic and social development and to hold themselves to high standards
- Ensure that instructional blocks are structured in a way that students are consistently demonstrating their learning through activities or tasks
- Ensure consistent student data collection (formal and informal) and adjust instruction to strategically remediate for misconceptions and lagging understanding
Inclusive Classroom Community Building
- Establish a warm, inviting, and focused classroom environment that welcomes all students in safe and caring space
- Develop a classroom culture in which students demonstrate trust in adults and peers by taking intellectual risks, providing and accepting feedback, and celebrating each other’s successes
- Use GO Project classroom structures, such as Morning Meeting and ASPIRE Values, to develop social-emotional skills
Manage Classroom Staff
- Develop and manage a team of classroom assistants, including Teaching Assistants, GO Getters (high school interns), Student Teachers, and volunteers to ensure that every adult in a classroom is adequately prepared to support students’ continued growth and achievement in small group instruction
- Ensure that classroom staff has the materials and information necessary to complete their classroom responsibilities
- Provide feedback to classroom staff early and often to ensure their time with students is productive
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Actively collaborate with all campus staff and families to contribute to an efficient and positive campus culture
- Execute campus-wide procedures with fidelity at the direction of the Campus Director and in collaboration with teammates
- Deliverables must be high-quality and submitted on or before all deadlines. Deliverables include: Weekly lesson plans, GO Progress Reports, and feedback surveys
- Accept and implement all feedback from your Campus Director
- Two or more years of demonstrated success as a K-8 Teacher with remarkable student growth and/or achievement results
- Experience leading reading, writing, and math for K-5th grade candidates
- Specialization in ELA or Math for 6-8th grade candidates
- An unshakable conviction that all students can learn and grow when appropriately supported and pushed to their highest potential
- High expectations for yourself, your classroom staff, and your students
- Sense of responsibility over students’ growth ownership over achievement results
- Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative classroom data to inform instructional decisions
- Strong commitment to professional and personal growth
- Fluency using Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Google Docs
Program Dates & Training
All dates and trainings are mandatory. Please note that teacher absences are extremely disruptive to the learning process, so ensure you are able to attend all program days. All trainings are mandatory and cannot be rescheduled.
Content Training: Date TBD, 5:00PM-7:00PM on a weeknight in late June
All Staff Training: Thursday, June, 28th
Campus-Based PD: Friday, June 29th
GO Summer Schedule: Monday, July 2-Friday, August 3 from 8:15AM-2:00PM
*Team members new to GO must attend a 90-minute New Employee Orientation before program begins.
**Hours are 8:30AM-12:30PM the final day of program due to culmination events taking place.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the Summer 2018 Head Teacher Application (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVkF2tpm8q8a6bK9NtmEsBXHI9hIVJ8GmTjs-KDIboNnQvcg/viewform).
If for some reason the link isn’t working please copy and paste this link (https://goo.gl/forms/RnQT9CVX0e7mNalo2) into your web browser. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.