Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
1805 7th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan leadership development organization dedicated to developing its members’ potential to ensure every child has the opportunity to receive an outstanding education. Our kids and communities need more leaders who believe that educational inequity is a solvable problem. We believe that when our members are organized and reach positions of leadership, they’ll serve as a transformative force for students, communities and the broader movement for educational equity. LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more about what we do, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Assistant, Policy & Advocacy is responsible for supporting the operational success of LEE’s Policy & Advocacy fellowships, the Public Policy Fellowship and Policy Advisor Fellowship, in addition to supporting the organization’s national Policy & Advocacy workshops. They will manage logistical, operational, communication, and technical details for the Advancement & Development subteam, which sits on the larger Policy & Advocacy team, and executes much of the Policy & Advocacy team’s national programming, through workshops and fellowships. This role reports to the Senior Director, Advancement and Development.
This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who possess strong organizational and project management experience. Additionally, this role provides many opportunities to hone professional skills, build knowledge, and gain unique perspectives by working alongside ambitious colleagues and dynamic senior leaders in a fast-paced, virtual environment.
This role requires exceptional attention to detail, as well as an ability to execute on logistically complex projects and document best practices to ensure that we are constantly learning, improving, and developing ways to work more efficiently. The Assistant needs to exercise strong judgment in responding to questions, troubleshooting problems, and flagging issues for other team members as needed.
In order to be successful, the Assistant will also need to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including other staff at LEE, our members, and other partner organizations. This position is an ideal fit for an entrepreneurial individual who values building their professional experience in a collaborative environment.
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Position Location: Washington, D.C.
Operational and logistical support for LEE’s Policy and Advocacy national fellowships and programs (70%)
- Manage the operational components of LEE’s Policy & Advocacy national fellowships, which includes supporting the logistics related to fellow and host recruitment and selection, updating trackers and data entry related to fellowships, supporting fellow stipend administration, and coordinating the logistics related to in-person and virtual programming
- Support the operational components of LEE’s Policy & Advocacy national workshops, which includes booking member travel, researching workshop vendors and venues, updating trackers and data entry related to workshops, and supporting all workshop logistics onsite during a program
- Manage input of data related to fellowship and workshop programming in Salesforce
- Pull data reports to inform and enhance national programming
- Support accurate and timely completion of expense reports related to national programming
Administrative support for the Policy & Advocacy subteam, Advancement & Development (20%)
- Pull data reports to support team analysis
- Manage and enhance efficiency of team-wide organizational systems, including contracts and invoices, team communications, and technology set-up
- Coordinate logistics for team meetings and calls, and support logistics for team programming
- Support the team’s infrastructure and culture by assisting with team meetings and retreats
Support and assist with special projects (10%)
- Work on special projects, including policy research related to programming and supporting the team operationally on new programming
- 1-2 years of prior work experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment (including internships)
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong organizational skills and orientation to detail
- Experience coordinating multiple projects with diverse stakeholders and tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficiency with Google applications (Google doc, hangouts in particular)
- Demonstrated interest in organizing, civic engagement, policy and advocacy, or politics, at any level
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience supporting programs and/or events
- Work experience in a fast-paced, geographically dispersed work environment
- Deep alignment with the LEE mission
A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Minimum Education Required