2 Rock Street
Head Start is a high quality early childhood education/development program for preschool age children and their families. Becoming a Head Start teacher gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
The person in this position in responsible for:
- Leading a team of classroom staff (Teacher Assistant and Nutrition Child Care Aide) and parent volunteers in maintaining a healthy & developmentally appropriate classroom
- Planning and providing classroom activities for 18 three and four year old children in support of school readiness
- Conducting parent/teacher conferences and working closely with Head Start parents or guardians
- Working collaboratively with the assigned Family Worker
- Ensuring that the site and assigned staff meet NYS OCFS Day Care Licensing requirements
Preferred Education & Experience: A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, with at least one year of teaching and supervisory experience is preferred. Candidates enrolled in an appropriate bachelor’s degree program with a Child Development Associate (CDA) may be also considered. Intermediate computer skills are required. Computers are used on a daily basis including office and educational software programs.
A clean and valid NYS Driver’s License is required. Following an offer of employment, all Head Start employees are subject to inquiry with the New York State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment and a New York State Criminal History Check. Proof of educational credentials are also required.
COI provides a competitive wage and excellent benefits for full-time employees including: professional development opportunities, employee health, dental, & vision insurance with employer contribution; flexible spending account; 100% employer paid life insurance; 401(k) plan; up to 12 paid holidays, generous annual, sick and personal leave benefits; paid school vacation days for regular Head Start classroom employees; Employee Assistance Program.
Head Start teachers may also be eligible for various federal educational loan forgiveness programs. Contact you local university or college for more information.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent listening, speaking, reading and writing skills will enhance your ability to perform this job. Must be proficient in English. Being bilingual in Englisn and Spanish would also be desireable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Gail Paone at Columbia Opportunities, Inc., 540 Columbia St., Hudson, NY 12534
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org