The mission of Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. d/b/a Upham’s Corner Health Center / Upham’s Elder Service Plan / Upham’s Home Health Care is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults. Our Core Values are: Compassion and respect – For those in our care and for one another.
ABOUT OUR JOB OPPORTUNITY:
Upham’s Corner Health Center is currently seeking a Director of the Home Health Services Department who will be responsible for the oversight and administration of a $5 million departmental budget.
The Director of Home Health Services works closely with the Upham’s Home Care Department, Upham’s Elder Service Plan (ESP) and contracted vendors to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and provide fiscal oversight. The individual in this role ensures departmental training meets compliance and policy requirements.
The Director of Home Health Services is also responsible to identify department /program needs, including but not limited to hiring of Health Aides and monitoring work activities completed by Administrative Scheduling Assistants. The Director will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change due to business needs at any time with or without previous notice.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and/or 4 or 5 years management experience in health care setting.
- The ideal candidate has relevant work experience in a Home Health Care Services.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and reliable means of transportation needed as it would be required that the person in this role attends meetings at various organization’s sites.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to clearly communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to use the computer proficiently including general typing and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite products including: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
- Great organization skills, detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to remain calmed and work effectively under stressful situations in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish, Portuguese and/or Cape Verdean Creole is preferred.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. offers a highly competitive benefit packet for eligible staff. Benefits currently available include Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, 403B retirement plan with a generous employer contribution, 12 Holidays paid, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Assistance Program, and much more.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an organization committed to providing high quality, low cost, culturally sensitive, community-based health and social services to the residents of North Dorchester and adjacent neighborhoods. We believe that Upham’s Corner Health Committee provides a dynamic work environment in which to grow and be challenged.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, military service, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, or other category protected by law.
Minimum Education Required