Full Time Temporary
Details: $2,700 Stidpend
47 Vine Street
Servant Leader Interns work as PAID, seasonal summer program counselors, Monday-Friday, with children in grades k-3. Interns lead a literacy rich curriculum in the morning and lead/chaperone enrichments and field trips in the afternoon. Attendance is expected at other program related functions during the summer. Servant Leader Interns must be responsible, have positive energy, be creative, well-organized and be a strong role model. Servant Leader interns must be familiar with the culture and dynamics of the community, committed to the goals of Adventures in the City Freedom School program, and be able to work collaboratively with all program constituents.
● Attend and participate in mandatory national orientation and training at CDF Freedom Schools facility in Clinton, Tennessee. Sessions are schedules for June 2, 2018 – June 9, 2018. All travel and related expenses will be covered by the Christian Activities Council (CAC).
● Attend and participate in required local training in Hartford, CT. June 25, 2018 - June 29, 2018.
● Deliver the Integrated Reading Curriculum to a class of no more than 10 students for six weeks during the program which runs July 2, 2018 - Aug 10, 2018.
● Setup and breakdown classroom space, including securing and organizing the appropriate materials.
● Collaborate with staff to establish and maintain a positive, supportive, and structured environment for the children entrusted in to their care.
● Serve as leaders during afternoon enrichments and other special events; chaperone field trips
● Actively participate in daily staff debriefs and be open to receive and share constructive feedback, support and encouragement
● Collaborate with site coordinators, project director, and CAC staff in planning and implementing parent and community involvement activities.
● Report to and work with site coordinators to keep the lines of communication open between parents, staff, and partner organizations.
Must be at least 18- 30 years of age, have completed at least one year of college, and have plans to complete the college degree
The position provides a stipend of $2,700. CAC pays for travel/lodging expenses related to training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please fill out the Servant Leader Intern job application which can be found here http://christianactivities.org/what-we-do/freedom-school/ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the application.