104 West 29th Street
Birch Family Services is an organization supporting children, adolescents and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities in New York City. Our early childhood, school and community based programs touch more than 2000 individuals and their families each day. We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager who would be responsible for shaping the communications strategy and public image of Birch Family Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with Birch leadership team to develop an annual communications plan to increase the visibility of Birch, grow our base of supporters and engage all our constituency groups.
- Develop key messages, brand strategy and create all organizational materials to ensure consistent use throughout the organization.
- Create and implement an outreach strategy to target audiences to optimize message delivery.
- Strategically utilize website/blog and social media to increase levels of engagement with the organization, grow its base of supporters and provide public education on the issues of autism, special education, community services and disability rights.
- Update leadership of relevant news and regulatory developments, and support the CEO in communications with all constituent groups.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA degree in Corporate Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, plus 3-5 years of related experience required;
- Prior experience with autism, developmental disabilities and nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including the ability to edit and proof copy for clarity, as well as demonstrated ability to create content for various audiences required;
- Highly organized, strong research abilities and proven track record in media relations required;
- Strong graphic design skills and proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or other image editing and publication software strongly preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and SEO optimization techniques.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of organization and external partners.
Seeking Exceptional Talent to Support and Cultivate Exceptional Minds!
Birch Family Services provides educational, residential and family support services that enable individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities to live meaningful lives filled with possibilities, choices and autonomy. We employ certified special education teachers, licensed therapists, administrators, habilitation specialists, direct care professionals, behavior intervention specialists, social workers, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other professionals – together we form a community of care to empower and educate our children and families.
Perks include convenient locations in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, and Manhattan, a generous benefits package and time and leave policy, an employer-funded profit- sharing pension plan, opportunities for professional development and tuition assistance.
Minimum Education Required