3701 Chestnut Street
The Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for Lightbox Film Center, marketing and communications, shaping and promoting the brand identity and awareness through print materials, advertising, website technology, and social media. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Events, and works collaboratively with other departments across the organization.
Major Lightbox Responsibilities
· Promote Lightbox films and programs internally and externally to drive attendance and awareness
· Manage and deliver content for the Lightbox website, including program content, blog post, etc.
· Manage and deliver online/social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp)
· Develop and implement advertising strategy, which includes:
o Creating and placing ads (print, digital, Google Ad words, boosted Facebook posts/social media) that promote our films and/or programs
o Delivering online event listings (Philly Fun Guide, fun savers, West Philly Local, Penn Almanac, etc).
· Manage media relations, which includes:
o Creating and distributing news releases, media statements and media alerts for Lightbox
o Pitching story ideas to editors and reporters
o Responding to media inquiries regarding Lightbox
o Serving as Lightbox’s media liaison
o Monitoring media coverage of Lightbox
o Updating media lists
· Oversee creation and distribution of all print materials (internal and external) working with Graphic Designer, including:
o Quarterly Program Guide
o Brochures (membership and conference center material)
o Program marketing materials (Marquee posters for street, posters, postcards etc.)
o Pre-screening program slideshow
· Produce weekly Constant Contact e-blast about our programs, working with Program Director and Curator.
· Establish outreach lists and relationships with local organizations to identify strategic partnerships to promote relevant programs.
· Serve as primary contact for communications and marketing with outside consultants, freelancers and website support for Lightbox.
· Measure Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis (website sessions, print and social media reach, ad performance etc.)
· Submit annual marketing budget for Lightbox.
· Help manage graphic designer, photographer and marketing intern(s).
· Other responsibilities as needed
· Bachelor's degree required; Master’s preferred.
· At least 5 to 7 years of communications and marketing experience in a management role.
· Commitment and involvement with the arts/and arts organizations in Philadelphia.
· Experience supervising professional staff.
· Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills.
· Experience in social media management, applications and tools (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp, Hoot suite).
· Experience in working with Google analytics and Ad-Words.
· Experience building and managing multiplatform marketing campaigns.
· Understanding of strategic long-term approach to audience development.
· Enjoys working with a diverse staff and population.
· Adept at budgeting, allocating funds, and tracking expenses.
· Excellent organizational skills, meets deadlines, thrives in working on multiple projects.
· Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing, with individuals and groups.
· Ability to give direction, and set goals and vision for department.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success in building collaborative relationships with organizations, communities and other programming institutions.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
· Experience with graphic design (InDesign) a plus.
· Energy, creativity, and dedication to nonprofit mission.
IHP offers a competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package: group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending and transit accounts; short and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IHP is an equal opportunity employer. This position is classified as exempt based on the Fair Labor Standards Act. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Anna Wang, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.