8328 Georgetown Pike
Madeira is seeking a Development Database Manager to join the Development Office. The Madeira School is one of the country's premier girls boarding/day schools with a century of serving the needs of a wide variety of young women from around the country and the world. Located just outside of Washington, DC, on the banks of the Potomac River, in McLean, VA, Madeira enrolls 320 students in grades 9-12.
The School is currently in the 6th year of an $85M campaign having raised over $60M to date. The development office is a cohesive team of 12-14 people overseeing fundraising and engagement of alums, parents and friends with the school. The Database Manager is an integral part of the development team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the database management for development and all aspects of the Raisers’ Edge database. This position oversees the Gifts and Acknowledgements Coordinator.
- Oversees management of the database, determining best strategies for coding, tracking and reporting; includes solutions for RE database clean-up and standardization for accuracy
- Manages annual database transitions (i.e. entering new parents, changing current parents to past parents, etc.)
- Manages the gifts processing system, ensuring that gifts are, entered accurately into Raiser’s Edge, sent promptly to the business office and that acknowledgement letters and receipts are sent promptly to donors
- Produces quarterly and annual business office reports
- Oversees preparation of pledge reminders for all development programs
- Oversees the Gifts and Acknowledgements Coordinator
- Performs gift batch entry and letter acknowledgement during peak times in the office and during absence of gift administrator
- Oversees research on prospects; manages prospect management system; prepares prospect lists and reports
- Produces monthly financial reports, mailing lists and other reports as needed
- Creates reports, queries and exports as needed
- Prepares financial reporting for data driven surveys to NAIS, AISGW, VAIS and peer schools
- Manages the annual report donor lists and giving reports
- Prepares board presentations and analysis
- Liaises with vendors such as Blackbaud and manages these vendor relationships
- Trains development staff on use of RE and assists in setting up needed reports for them
- Works with the Communications office to maintain the integrity of the giving pages
- Oversees the annual audit
- Oversees the online gift process and implements procedures between website developer and Network Merchants; oversees account with Network Merchants
- Oversees document retention
- Keeps pace with technological and software advances helps integrate it into the development office
- Maintains and updates Development Office policy and procedures manual
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years of experience in a fundraising office preferred; previous experience in a school or university Development operation helpful
· Previous experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge required; proficiency in basic data management systems, and basic computer applications; willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed
· Knowledge of prospect management and development operations
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be diplomatic and demonstrate mature judgment; exception customer service
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team with exceptional initiative
· Excellent organizational skills with a particular ability to multi-task and prioritize work; attention to detail and ability to follow through
· Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
· Ability to be a practitioner of diversity, equity and inclusion
· Willingness and ability to work flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and select weekends
· Appreciation of and commitment to boarding and/or single sex education, diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.