7227 Hamilton Avenue
Job Title – Systems Engineer
Job Status – Full Time (Exempt)
Supervisor – IT Manager
PCHS Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, monitoring and operation of the server infrastructure
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must maintain a good working relationship with management, IT personnel, as well as end users.
2. Work with other PCHS departments and support teams in the planning of server infrastructure strategy and continuous improvement plans.
3. Work with security, disaster recovery, and other vendors providing required services to the server infrastructure.
4. Work with PCHS vendor Application Support and when necessary, end users on application issues, upgrades and help desk needs.
5. Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
6. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
7. Respond promptly when returning help desk telephone calls and replying to correspondence and faxes.
8. Act, dress, and behave in a professional manner to reflect a positive image of the company.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and implements new server based hardware and software components as required.
2. Design and upgrades server based hardware and software components as required.
3. Deployment of all patches to desktops and servers,
4. Test existing, new and upgraded servers and server based hardware and software components to assure reliability of systems within the existing network infrastructure.
5. Updates and maintains documentation relevant to server based hardware and software.
6. Provides help desk support to the end user and other IT dept staff as required.
7. Work with all members of the IT Dept to continually improve monitoring and tuning of all network infrastructure systems.
8. Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company.
9. Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
10. Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. A minimum 8 years of experience in the IT field.
3. A minimum 5 years of Microsoft Windows (2003/2008) Server Systems engineering, administration and troubleshooting
4. A minimum 3 years of Microsoft Windows Server solution design and implementation.
5. Microsoft MCITP / MCSE (Solutions Expert) Server Infrastructure certification a plus
6. Project Management Skills
7. Information security experience a plus
8. Networking experiences a plus.
- 403 B Pension Plan
- Medical, Vision, Pharmacy Benefits
- Life insurance Benefits
- Vacation, Sick and Personal days
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays off
Minimum Education Required