Details: We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is looking for a dynamic professional to join the Group Sales Team. The desired candidate will guide the Museum in increasing overall Group Sales revenue, execute strategic plan initiatives and develop & maintain relationships critical to the overall success of the program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Tour & Travel professionals, schools, social/religious associations, scouts, performance groups to promote and sell tickets, lunch packages and other add-ons;
- Input reservations and payments into the ticketing system for phone orders.
- Build and maintain relationships with current and past group sales clients;
- Uses experience in the Tour & Travel market to identify new opportunities, programs, partnerships and to understand trends in the group sales market;
- Meet with clients on and off-site to build relationships and develop new business;
- Liaise with other departments (internal) to prevent & resolve issues and keep an open line of communication to ensure a seamless visit for the client;
- Maintain accurate reports of advance payments and balances due to ensure proper billing & payment;
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to, researching organizations, corporate employee recreation clubs, social clubs, professional groups, educational organizations and individuals to persuade them to purchase group tickets; sending proposals quoting rates for visits and add-ons such as tours and simulator rides; entering new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database;
- Perform duties of Group Services Associate when needed, including but not limited to investigating and resolving customer problems with deliveries and upon arrival at the museum. Greeting customers, obtaining payment and facilitating ticketing when necessary.
- Qualified candidates BA/BS in a related field and/or 1-3 years sales/event experience, preferably in museum/tourism/hospitality. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently are required.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and vendors, as well as an ability to calculate figures and analyze general business periodicals. Proficient computer knowledge and expertise with ticketing systems preferred. The ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality and have strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization. May require travel and will require working weekends, some holidays, and evenings as necessary.
- We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of a very rewarding time in the Museum’s history!
- For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
- Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
- NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.