About CASA: Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/ Prince George’s County, Inc. is a volunteer-based organization that partners with the juvenile court to improve the lives of children living in foster care who have suffered from abuse and neglect. With a strong commitment to diversity, CASA/ Prince George’s County trains and supervises volunteers from the community who advocate for the best interest of children, recognizing and respecting each child’s individual needs. By providing a voice to children in the foster care system, it is our goal to help children and promote the timely placement of those we serve in safe, permanent homes.
CASA’s Board of Directors has committed to growing in the next few years to be able to serve every child in the County in need of a CASA volunteer. CASA has had a great deal of early success in our campaign for growth and aims to continue to expand revenue by 10-15% each year until we meet our goal of serving every child in need of a CASA.
Role: In the current phase of growth, CASA is looking to increase and diversify revenue and elevate its donor engagement. CASA is seeking a full-time Development Director with a proven track record in the research, prospecting, cultivation and stewardship of donors to focus on individual and major gifts as well as corporate and event revenue. Reporting to our Deputy Director, the Development Director will bring strong advocacy for our mission and a dynamic and skillful approach to donor engagement to meet the short and long-term goals of our organization. As CASA approaches its 20th anniversary, the organization has a campaign strategy that the Development Director will have the opportunity to improve upon and execute.
The Development Director will lead CASA’s philanthropic efforts. The Development Director is both a strategic and tactical position and is responsible for executing and working with the Deputy Director and Board Fundraising Committee to develop fundraising plans, as well as representing CASA to individual and institutional donors. The Development Director will analyze and improve development communications, ensuring that CASA is well positioned and accurately conveying our mission and goals.
This 40 hour per week position (with some evening and weekend hours) will work out of CASA’s Riverdale office in Prince George’s County with frequent meetings held outside of the office (most external meetings currently being held remotely), throughout the DMV region, mostly in Prince George’s County. Currently, much of the CASA team works remotely, occasionally coming into the office.
Candidates should have experience writing successful appeals, creating collateral communications (e.g. donor spotlights, social media posts, e-appeals) and writing case statements. Minimum 3 years professional fundraising experience including individual and corporate appeals, grants, mailed and electronic appeals. Experience working with Prince George’s County, MD and/or DC Metro area funders a plus. Previous experience within child welfare field is a plus but not required. Development Director will directly contribute to increasing CASA’s capacity to serve foster children in Prince George’s County by increasing revenue to expand capacity for our mission.
The Development Director’s responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with and supporting leadership and Board of Directors in creation of strategically aggressive fundraising plans. Understanding and actively engaging in the successful implementation of the organization’s development plan to meet annual and long-term goals
• Researching, prospecting and stewarding individual and corporate donors including major gifts (to include entire stewardship cycle and managing donor database management). Ensure sufficient gift pipeline to meet revenue targets.
• Plan and execute all aspects of fundraising events
• Writing all materials (letters, e-appeals, social media posts, thank you letters) for appeals and discrete campaigns utilizing messaging that connects donors to CASA’s mission
• Coordinate creation and execution of sponsorship packages, ensuring offered marketing opportunities are fulfilled in a manner that fits CASA’s brand
• Preparing fundraising reports for Board of Directors and collaborating with Board Fundraising Committee
• Assisting in management of Volunteer Advisory Council
• Collaborating with Outreach Coordinator to develop new partnerships that meet a variety of organizational needs
• Professional and confidential management of organizational documents and donor data.
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Deputy Director
Education and Experience:
• Three- five plus years development experience preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but commensurate level of experience will be considered.
• Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
• Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience.
• Experience in managing institutional social media, website and e-communications preferred
Physical Requirements: Occasional travel to off-site meetings. Works in office areas. Must be able to perform general office functions. Uses computer, telephone, fax, copier, printer and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking. Establishes clear expectations, priorities and continuously measures performance.
• The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
• Strong communication and cultivation techniques
• A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft products and CRM database usage required
• Ability to express a strong commitment to the mission of the organization.
• Ability to pass a background check including a federal and state criminal screening.
● Adheres to the Personnel Policies and Procedures of CASA/Prince George’s County.
● Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Deputy Director
CASA is an EOE and is committed to maintaining a diverse organization.
About CASA: Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)/ Prince George’s County, Inc. is a volunteer-based organization that partners with the juvenile court to improve the lives of children living in foster care who have suffered from abuse and…
Generous holiday schedule, paid personal and sick leave and option for health care and dental coverage as well as opportunities for professional development. Healthy work/life balance encouraged by leadership.
Generous holiday schedule, paid personal and sick leave and option for health care and dental coverage as well as opportunities for professional development. Healthy work/life…