Details: Competitive Salary and Benefits
225 Eddy Street
Do you love working with kids and having fun? Does the idea of creating and fostering an atmosphere for youth to learn and thrive excite you? Are you passionate about and committed to developing youth and creating engaging educational opportunities that, cultivates the curiosity of young people, and inspires kids to be lifelong learners? If so, then please continue reading as our Sr. Program Supervisor – Academics role may be the perfect job for you.
TNDC’s Tenderloin After-School Program (TASP) is a community-based program serving children and youth between the ages of 7 and 18. TASP is committed to providing the highest quality programming and services to program participants. We are currently looking to hire a Senior Program Supervisor whose primary responsibilities are: finding innovative and fun ways to promote academic achievement; spearheading the homework help program during the academic school year, providing school liaison services for children and their families between the ages of 7-12, volunteer coordination and the ability to act as the site lead on behalf of the program manager; as applicable.
The Tenderloin After-School Program (TASP) is a program of the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation. TNDC provides safe, affordable housing with support services for low income people in the Tenderloin. (www.tndc.org)
- Develop and implement age appropriate, culturally relevant, daily and special programming, in collaboration with Program Supervisor-activities
- Implement Project Base Learning as assigned
- Plan educational and recreational field trips year-round.
- Serve as Lead Staff for daily homework support program
- Oversees volunteer tutors, for grades 1-8.
- Act as lead staff during Friday recreational teen nights, as scheduled
- Manage weekly program schedule with input for Program Manager and Program Supervisor-Activities
- Administer the volunteer program including; volunteer supervisor, recruitment, training, and retention.
- Lead site staff on behalf of the Program Manager; as applicable.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date volunteer files.
- Maintain participant enrollment, including detailed maintenance of participant files and information, in both Spanish and English; maintain daily statistics and enter data; submit written and oral reports to the TASP Manager as directed.
- Maintain daily statistics and enter data; submit written and oral reports to the TASP Manager as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent time management
- Proven project management skills
- High degree of independence and initiative
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Aptitude for sustained creativity to working with children and youth.
- Aptitude for working with youth and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong academic and tutoring skills for grades K-8.
- Demonstrated flexibility and capacity to thrive in high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible and sound problem solving skills
- Value driven approach to applying the theory of positive youth development framework in the development of creating and implementing programming for children and youth
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with diverse groups of people, individuals, and agencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to culturally diverse programs for youth.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Regularly demonstrates discretion and independent judgement.
- B.A. in Education, Recreation, or related field.
- Proven ability to incorporate diverse learning styles and teaching styles into daily programming for school aged youth
- 3 years’ experience providing direct services to low-income, urban youth in Out School Time environment/After School Program environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and resourcefulness in youth programming.
- Strong knowledge of Mac and PC systems. Proficient with MS Word and Outlook.
- Experience overseeing tutoring/ homework program.
- Experience negotiating w/public school systems.
- Familiarity with Project Based Learning.
- Familiarity with youth and family resources in the San Francisco Bay Area
- M.A. in Education or related field.
- 3 years teaching elementary and/or middle school age youth
- Bilingual (Arabic-English Spanish -English)
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual (Arabic-English Spanish -English)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply for job directly at: https://tndc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=379