475 Riverside Drive
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Staff Attorney will oversee a team of Community Navigators and provide eligibility determinations, review applications for relief, and provide direct legal representation to immigrants. This position is located at our community partner in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Community Navigators who will conduct legal screenings, provide application assistance, document preparation and case management services.
- Provide direct representation on straightforward and complex immigration cases.
- Ensure that complex and/or overflow cases are referred to other legal service providers, giving priority to providers funded by the City of New York Human Resource Administration’s Immigrant Opportunity Initiatives Program.
- Develop relationships with legal and community-based organizations and utilize LSSNY-ILP’s existing networks to expand access for quality immigration legal advice and social services.
- Develop training materials and training schedule for training Community Navigators and implement such training.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISES: Community Navigators
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor
EXPERIENCE: Experience as an attorney in the field of immigration legal services is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Strong verbal, writing, analytical, and organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines; ability to relate well to diverse groups of individuals and families; work well in team and partnership environment, computer literate.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Proficiency in Spanish is required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Lisa Bagley, with “Staff Attorney” in the subject line.
Director of Immigration Legal Program
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----